how to reduce your realty/propery taxes as a non-resident buyer?

Asked by Paul Advani, West Palm Beach, FL Sat Dec 25, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Marsha Mayer’s answer
Marsha Mayer, Agent, WEST PALM BEACH, FL
Mon Dec 27, 2010
If you have already purchased in Palm Beach County consider homesteading to get the $50,000 homestead exemption and the 3% annual cap on increases.

If you have not purchased yet- review the taxes in the different municipalities and pick one which has lower taxes. Good luck.

Marsha Montoya Mayer- Realtor
0 votes
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Sat Dec 25, 2010
Hi Paul:

Get comparables from Local Agents and send it to the West Palm Beach County Tax Assessor
with the right forms, call them on Monday.

It is straight forward.

Good luck.
0 votes
Dp2, , Virginia
Sat Dec 25, 2010
You have to buy the properties at lower prices, and get them re-assessed. If you're buying them for income properties, then you need to structure your deals in a way to capitalize on the relevant tax treatment available to you. (You'd need to consult with a decent CPA and/or tax attorney for this.)
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more