how do i remove a tenant, who has reside in the home for 13 years, and pays their rent on time? t

Asked by Karen, queens, newyork Thu Feb 12, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jamal Hadi, Agent, Scarsdale, NY
Fri Feb 13, 2009
It all depens on the situation. Is the rent stabilized? if not, the go by the lease. if there is no lease, then you need a 30 day notice.

Luis Fernandez, ABR, CIPS, GRI, QSC, SRES, Top 1% of Westchester Brokers
The Luis Fernandez Sales Team
Keller Williams Realty Group
760 White Plains Rd
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Tel 914 902-3251
Fax 914 931-1791
Cell 914 309-9383
0 votes
Dave Werth, , 58102
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Thats right. What is your lease contract say for terms and dates? Who drafted up your lease contract? If you don't have one, it is a verbal and imputed knowledge so be careful and consult with the person whom wrote your contract.

You can also buy them out of there contract as option B.
0 votes
Everett Perry, Agent, Fresh Meadows, NY
Thu Feb 12, 2009
is the unit rent stabilized?

if not and your lease has expired, all you need to do is give them a 30 day notice (by process server) and start the eviction in queens county court.
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Feb 12, 2009
All is governed by the executed lease agreement all amendments. WOW 13 years for a tenant!.

Unless those documents are reviewed each page difficult to make a statement within law of your state.

Confer with attorney.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more