can we get the history of a house?

Asked by Steffan Leccima, Lehigh Acres, FL Wed Jul 23, 2008

Answers

5
Cathryn Blai…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Steffan,
You could always get some kind of history of the home.
If you want to know how old it is, when it was built, when additions were put on the home and what it sold for thru the years, go to http://www.leepa.org. It has an abundance of information regarding documented information of every home in Lee county. Call the local number on the web-site and someone should be able to walk you through the site to find the information.

If you want to learn about the maintenence and repair history, go to the Lee county clerks office and ask for a history of permits on file for the home for major repairs. In Florida, you must have a permit in place to do major exterior work.

If you want to know the type of people who lived there, if it was a grow house, if someone was murdered there, or the type of people who lived there before you, you will need to either contact the local police, the neighbors or the former owners themselves.

Anything more than that, you may have to hire a detective, but if you are wondering if it is structurally safe so you can purchase the home, it would be prudent to get an inspection done on the home especially for the wiring, plumbing,roofing and pests.

Cathryn Blair-Bennett
First Capital Lending
239-277-9244 Ext. 212
cb4handy, Both Buyer And Seller, San Diego County, CA
Sat Aug 2, 2008
I just wanna say, great job to Cathryn, for that oustanding answer to his question. That's exactly why this website was created for advice and assistance.
John Giddens, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Jul 24, 2008
If you need the complete history pertaining to past sales, previous ownership, building permits, past tax history, liens and/or mortgages I can assist you. Please call me and we can discuss. Are you looking to purchase here in Lehigh? I can give you access through my website to browse at your convenience properties that are for sale in SW FLA . Have a great day!

John Giddens
Broker
239-362-8863
Scott Riddle, Agent, Naples, FL
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Steffan,

Please contact me and I will try to get or privide any information you are asking for.

Scott Riddle
239-289-1849
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Steffan,

What do you mean by history? Sales history? Repair and maintenance history? Could you give us a little more to go on.