Where can I find owners who need to hire someone for capital assest improvements?

Asked by kirk Rosin, Minnesota Tue Jun 17, 2008

I recently started a career working for a contractor in outside sales. Where can I find projects to bid on such as capitial assest improvement like roofing, siding, windows. For houses, townhomes, apts. senior rentals etcc.
Is there any specific information out there that can show me available projects this summer in Minnesota?

Answers

1
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Tue Jun 17, 2008
Kirk,

The types of projects that you are list are very weather dependent. I would keep an eye on hail storms in the area and do some good old fashioned door knocking. Getting to the know the board of directors at a townhouse complex ahead of time might some dividends as well.

If you are looking for new construction projects of a larger scale. You might try the St. Paul or Minneapolis builders exchanges. While they focus primarily on commercial work, there are still a few residential projects that make their way through the exchance.

Finally running adds in local papers (small circulation, local topical papers) might also do you some good.

I hope that helps.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference:  http://www.campiper.com