What is the best way to transfer the title of house from my aunt to me with the least cost to both of us?

Asked by JDixon, Maryland Sun Jan 27, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Donna Kerr, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Sat Dec 28, 2013
Give Whet Hutton a call at Hutton Patt Title and Escrow 240-575-6333
0 votes
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sun Jan 27, 2013
The best way is to consult with a real estate attorney, of course - and a CPA, because when property is in motion, there are potential tax events to be dealt with.
0 votes
JDixon, , Maryland
Sun Jan 27, 2013
@Bruce ~ Thank you for the info
@Greg Myers ~ the home is fully paid off and no liens.
0 votes
Greg Myers, Agent, Gaitherburg, MD
Sun Jan 27, 2013
As Bruce stated Village Settlements does an excellent work.and are well respected in the real estate community. Just curious, Is your Aunts home "Free and clear" of any mortgages? If your Aunts home has a mortgage her name cannot be removed but you can be added to title of the home.

Not knowing your specific situation your should consult legal advise from Village settlements. Jim Savitz is the attorney at Village Settlements you should ask for.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
0 votes
Bruce Lemieux, Agent, Gaithersburg, MD
Sun Jan 27, 2013
Hi J - Title attorneys do this every day. You can give Village Settlements (301-590-9300) a call and ask for an attorney, and they would be happy to advise. Good luck.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more