How To... in Brooklyn>Question Details

waven_yao, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY


Asked by waven_yao, Brooklyn, NY Wed Jun 12, 2013

What is B3-2 FAMILY DWELLING? Does this means I can convert this premises to 2 family house? How should I do it? Do I need to have a legal 2 family house to split the electricity meter to 2? If yes, what is the process to do it legally?

Help the community by answering this question:


0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 13, 2013
Hello Waven,

A B3 is a 2 family converted from a 1 family. The majority of these are found in Bed Stuy and Bensonhurst in Brooklyn.

If you are splitting the electricity from 2 seperate tenants in two seperate apartments, yes, it has to be a legal 2 family.

I would consult with a real estate attorney and a good architect
Josheph Sorrentino Esq - 718.444.1970

If you have any other questions, feel free to call anytime.

Luke Constantino
Keller Williams Real Estate
9120 4th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11209
Office: (718) 954 8400
Direct: (212) 300-3919
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer