What are the legal steps to removing a telephone pole in front of our house 15 Bartlett Court Pleasant Hill, CA 94523?

Asked by Brian.c.mohr, Walnut Creek, CA Sun Dec 16, 2012

Answers

3
Tim Nadem, Agent, TRACY, CA
Mon Nov 11, 2013
@Brian...First the city is going to ask you why you want to remove the pole, Saying " I don't like it " is not going to work, but health reasons you might have a good chance, but it will be expensive and you have to prove it. We had a tree that my wife was ellergic to because it was bad for our health it was gone.
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Hi Brian,

First, nice house. Second, I also have never heard of a pole being permanently removed at the request of a homeowner; and quite frankly in these economic times you would likely be charged directly for doing so. Even if allowed, converting aerial utilities to undergrounding would not be cheap!

I suppose you can call/visit the City permit office to enquire about the likelihood of this taking place and “ballpark” estimate of cost.

-Steve
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Dec 17, 2012
To be honest, I’ve never heard of anyone being successful in getting a telephone pole removed. The pole in front of the house appears to be a primary service pole for electrical to the homes at the end of the court, it’s the street lamp AND also looks like it is providing phone and cable service as well. My guess is that it will not be possible to move it.

Contact the city’s building department and ask them if there are any options – here is their website:
http://www.pleasanthill.ca.gov/index.aspx?nid=243

Since the home is pending, I’m assuming you are buying the house and want to know what your options are for the pole?