Reo clean outs

Asked by John Gallego, Tampa, FL Wed Nov 26, 2008

I would like to know if anyone can suggest to me, what is the easiest way to get work doing reo clean outs, board ups, and lawn maintenance on reo properties. I've called several companies that supposively handle the work for the mortgage companies and all they do is get me to send them my insurance certificates and company info. But after that, I don't here from them. I have the experience and have been in construction as well as remodeling homes for over 15yrs. I have 8 guys and believe it's enough man power to complete any task that is requested. Can someone please give me some advice or just send me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
John Gallego
Phone 813-309-2219

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Don Tepper’s answer
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Fri Oct 16, 2009
Good advice below, especially Lori's. As you probably realize by now, the people you're calling are just "blowing you off."

You might also contact Building Service Contractors Association International at They represent commercial cleaners and may have some advice (or even some publications) on the subject.

Here are a couple of additional possibilities:

Hope that helps.
0 votes
David, , 91354
Fri Aug 28, 2009
I suggest looking at what some other companies are doing on the front line of the industry. There are a lot of "handyman" contractors with no insurance or license and are not bonded that are trying to solicit business to the banks. The truth is that banks are hooked up with asset management companies that contract out to contractors. They are under lots of stress so usually go with the bigger contractors that are licensed and insured... and capable of handling the loads. I suggest looking at companies like Bristol Builders in Los Angeles or Safeguard Properties in Ohio.
Both are good place to start looking.
0 votes
Julia Vakule…, , Tampa, FL
Wed Nov 26, 2008
Lori gave you a great answer. Could agree with her more.!
Web Reference:
0 votes
Lori Rossi, Agent, Warwick, RI
Wed Nov 26, 2008
John, You should contact a local agent that deals mostly with REO properties. They will have all the information needed. Sometimes they can recommend you to the asset manager of certain properties. This way you can build a relationship and hopefully get your foot in the door with some of the larger companies. Good luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more