My mother died almost 3 years ago, how do I find out what happened to her house.

Asked by Dora, Denver, CO Thu Apr 9, 2009

I believe it was forclosed, how can I find out? Also, is there any thing I can do?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mike Baker’s answer
Mike Baker, Agent, Centennial, CO
Thu Apr 9, 2009

Sorry about your mother. If you want help, I am happy to do the research or if you prefer to handle it on your own, go to the county sites and try a title search for the address.

Arapahoe -
Adams -
Boulder -
Denver -…
Douglas -
Jefferson -

Good Luck to you.

Mike Baker
Herman Group Real Estate
0 votes
Ethan Besser, Agent, Englewood, CO
Thu Apr 9, 2009
Sorry to hear about your mother. If you find out what county she lived in and call them, tell them the address and they should be able to tell you what happened to the house. Or you can email or call me and I will be glad to do it for you.

If the house was foreclosed upon, then your only option if you want the house back is to offer to buy it.

Here are the county phone numbers in Denver.
Denver County: 720-913-1311
Douglas Conty: 303-660-7417
Jefferson County: 303-279-6511
Douglas County: 303.660.7400

Let me know if I can help. Ethan
1 vote
Tim Klein, Agent, Littleton, CO
Thu Apr 9, 2009
If you'll provide me her address, I'll research it for you.

Tim Klein
Metro Brokers - The Realty Werks
0 votes
Chris Suarez…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Apr 9, 2009
You should be able to go to the property appraisers site and follow the sales of the property. You can also go to the Clerk of Court's site and pull up her name. It would show a deed or something.

Chris Suarez
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more