My father's house was condemned It's now assessed at $8,000.00. But worth $-0 to dispose of. Do I need an atty? to transfer deed? Theres

Asked by Mammie, 77004 Fri May 14, 2010

no $ It'll cost more than $8,000.00 to get rid of all the junk and house debris. Can I transfer the deed to my sibling without an attorney? There's no money in the "estate". NY state.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kathleen Hamid’s answer
Kathleen Ham…, , Houston, TX
Sat May 15, 2010
Good Morning, Mammie!
I know it is confusing and seems expensive. Call me and I will give you some direction and numbers and an attorney name you can talk to so that you will have some advice you can use that will be helpful. REALTORS are exactly that....REALTORS. The legal end we leave to attorneys. Best advice I have for you is DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. And you know that is right so you aren't wasting your time and $$ or someone else's later on. Best thing to do all the way around....Do It Right The First Time !! :)
Call me...Kathleen (281) 799-4002
1 vote
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat May 15, 2010
Even though you have no money in the estate, you really need an attorney to handle all related paperwork.
1 vote
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sat May 15, 2010
I agree with Dp2. At least get an attorney to do the paperwork. It shouldn't cost much, and you'll know that it was done properly.
1 vote
Dp2, , Virginia
Sat May 15, 2010
You probably should work with at least a closing attorney to ensure that the title will transfer cleanly, and will be insurable.
1 vote
Sonny Jimenez, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Sep 12, 2012
To transfer deed all you have to do is go to the county court house and transfer the deed. It will need to be notarized. I believe the county cost is $10-25 and very easy to do.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more