My father's house was condemned It's now assessed at $8,000.00. But worth $-0 to dispose of. Do I need an atty? to transfer deed? Theres

Asked by Mammie, 77004 Fri May 14, 2010

no $ It'll cost more than $8,000.00 to get rid of all the junk and house debris. Can I transfer the deed to my sibling without an attorney? There's no money in the "estate". NY state.

Answers

5
Kathleen Hamid’s answer
Kathleen Ham…, , Houston, TX
Sat May 15, 2010
Good Morning, Mammie!
I know it is confusing and seems expensive. Call me and I will give you some direction and numbers and an attorney name you can talk to so that you will have some advice you can use that will be helpful. REALTORS are exactly that....REALTORS. The legal end we leave to attorneys. Best advice I have for you is DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. And you know that is right so you aren't wasting your time and $$ or someone else's later on. Best thing to do all the way around....Do It Right The First Time !! :)
Call me...Kathleen (281) 799-4002
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat May 15, 2010
Even though you have no money in the estate, you really need an attorney to handle all related paperwork.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sat May 15, 2010
I agree with Dp2. At least get an attorney to do the paperwork. It shouldn't cost much, and you'll know that it was done properly.
Dp2, , Virginia
Sat May 15, 2010
You probably should work with at least a closing attorney to ensure that the title will transfer cleanly, and will be insurable.
Sonny Jimenez, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Sep 12, 2012
To transfer deed all you have to do is go to the county court house and transfer the deed. It will need to be notarized. I believe the county cost is $10-25 and very easy to do.