How To... in New York>Question Details

Yanil.rodrig…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Looking for an apt in manhattan

Asked by Yanil.rodriguez28, New York, NY Mon Feb 18, 2013

I have poor credit but am looking for an apt in manhattan. I have a been working for that past 3 years and ready for my own place a studio or 1 bedroom apt but every I see they ask for a credit check I'm desperate in looking for an apt

Please call me to discuss. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353.
It is not clear if you inquiring about renting or owning. In either case, poor credit would be a problem. If you are looking to rent, sometimes you can overcome that by paying a number of months up front as well as extra security. If you are interested in owning, I would suggest you meet with a lender and let them assess the situation. They might be able to get you some assistance with credit repair.
Check on Craigslist. I find a number of landlords don't require credit checks. I would avoid coops.
Hello. Credit always becomes an issue regardless of renting or purchasing. It is a way to help assess a prospective tenants ability to pay their bills on time. If you don't know what your credit rating (FICO score) is, you should know that you are entitled to receive a free credit report from each of the three bureaus that create credit reports. They are Experian, Trans Union and Equifax. Once you obtain these reports, you can review them and possibly get rid of incorrect information that may be hindering you.

You might do better to go with a local brokerage. One that is in the neighborhood you are looking in. They may have listings from local owners and a private owner might be willing to accept someone with reasonable income and questionable credit more than a larger building that is run by a management company. I wish you good luck.
I'm looking into renting in the manhattan area hopefully near the 1 train. My credit is poor but I have a job and a steady income annually I make btw 31 and 32 annually

I am unsure if you are aware of, but it is really unclear to understand the nature of your "asking for help".

Are you looking to buy or rent?

No matter what is the answer to this above question, just pick up your phone and call one of us. We will be more than happy to assist you with your research.

Raoul Sodogandji
Member of ELITE
Licensed Real Estate Agent

(o): 212.252.8772 (EXT.782)
(c): 347.993.8333

" It is common in all businesses that the level of customer service, is usually based on income generated from that service given; which is fairly unfair to those who need just the same service of selling, buying or renting in New York City.

That's one of the reasons why we came up with ELITE. It is the highest standard level of same service given from a $2000 rental to a $40 Millions sale, and instead of treating the customers differently, we've decided to give them the ELITE service.

Let's help you with our services, no matter your budget, what you are selling or want to buy, we will give you and your referrals the same best experience ever lived. "
You should first speak with a mortgage officer to see if they can pre-qualify you for a mortgage based on your existing income, credit score and all other factors that they consider. If the won't pre-qualify you because of a poor credit - you should investigate what things on your credit report you can fix in order to increase your score and re-apply again.

When you get financing in place and know your budget, the rest is pretty easy - get a good broker that can explain to you what options are available, finds suitable properties for you to see and walks you through all other steps from making offer to the closing. I can email you an affordability template where you can see how much you can afford to pay and what your total monthly payments will be for the mortgage and all other payments.

Elena Ravich
Rakita Realty
646 593 7207
Give me a call so I can understand your situation. Jen 949 702 4559