Log Homes Florida?

Asked by P R Ranjit, Brandon, FL Sun Sep 7, 2008

Is that a good idea to have a log home for Tampa? Every day use not as a vacation property? What are the pros and cons of having a Log home Vs Block/ Stucco home?

Answers

3
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Sep 7, 2008
PR,
As previously stated, it seem that log homes are neither popular nor suited for Florida living. Termites and wood rot are two major concerns with this type of home construction.
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Sun Sep 7, 2008
Log Homes are not very popular in Florida. I seems like colder climates are more suitable for that type of structure. I'm sure with some modifications they could be viable.
A. J. Sanchez, Home Seller, 33616
Sun Sep 7, 2008
Dear P R Ranjit

The log home is not used this far south much. The benefit of a log home is the high insulation value. But, the problem in Tampa or other areas in the South is that it rains a lot here. The wood would be attacked by termites and rot. Block/stucco would be your most economical type house suited for Florida weather--hurricanes and such.

Hope this helps.

A. J. Sanchez