I want to sell my land

Asked by Monica, Strongsville, OH Fri Jul 25, 2008

I have a little over an acre I want to sell to the developer behind me. There is a housing development right where my woods end. The city told me that this guy has future plans that include mine and my neighbors properties. He already bought one of the properties because he bought the house at an auction, split the land, kept what he wanted and is now selling the house. He plans to build a culdesac back there and only offered me 32K for over an acre. According the the realtors I've spoken to, the land in this area is worth over double that. I'm ready to sell but I want what it's worth. How do I approach this guy and tell him he's not being at all reasonable? A half an acre around here is going for 60-70K.

Answers

5
mrbobbyt, Home Buyer, San Andreas, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
If you are trying to sell you land fast you can try http://www.quickcash4land.com, they pay cash for land.
Don Bush Team, , Columbus, OH
Sat Jul 26, 2008
Get a pro--a Realtor NOW!
John Wirsing, Agent, Pepper Pike, OH
Fri Jul 25, 2008
Surprsie--The developer may be trying to steal the land for as little as possible.
My suggestion--List the land with a Realtor who will assist you to establiosh a fair market value on the property.
If I can be of assistance--call me ta 440-487-2193
Mandria, , Columbia Station, OH
Fri Jul 25, 2008
This person is looking to make money on your property. Do not take less than market value. I work in Strongsville, the value depends on which development (Waterford, Westwood, for example) , and the expected market values of the homes. Which developer? You can feel free to contact me with more questions. I think I may be able to help you get more money. 440-572-1200. Mandria Pisek
Web Reference:  http://www.mandriapisek.com
Patrick Beri…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Fri Jul 25, 2008
Easy--List the land with a Realtor at the market rate. If he wants it he can make an offer like anyone else.