I want to buy a home in Ocala problin my present home is not worth what I paid for it my payments are 505 a month no problin there Im a vet

Asked by Dicber, Ocala, FL Sat Jun 25, 2011

I cant just pack up and leave I cant make payments on 2 homes at the same time (been there done that) sorta like being between a rock and a hard place.
I have seen some homes listed there in Ocala that I could afford with ease and would not be hard to mantain what I need is advice on how to go about this,as I stated above I am a vet.and have my G.I. benifits avalable.( Im not the best writer as you can see)

Answers

1
Shanna Rogers, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Sat Jun 25, 2011
Hi Dicber,

Have you considered renting out your current home? However, if you do this, you need to make sure (check with a lender) you could still qualify for the purchase of another home (taking into account the rental income you would have from renting your current home).

Now, if you want to flat out sell your current home and you owe more on it than what it would sell for, that is a Short Sale. It doesn't sound like your current home would 'qualify' for a short sale because one of the main qualifiers is that you have a financial hardship you can prove. Since you state you can make your current payments, this would 'disqualify' you.

So, maybe renting out your current home would be a viable option?

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com