How To... in Houston>Question Details

Vicki Paul, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

I received a foreclosure notice on property I purchased. How can I get a copy of my deed. Paid in full?

Asked by Vicki Paul, Houston, TX Mon Feb 16, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


Bruce Lynn’s answer
You deed is filed at the courthouse along with any liens. You might want to check with the title company you closed with or any title company to find the status of any liens. Maybe you have outstanding HOA dues, or tax bills, or something other than a mortgage.

How did you purchase? Did you use a realtor and a title company?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 16, 2009
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
There must be confusion there would be no mortgage few questions:

a) Is the address correct?
b) Does it list you as the property owner OR former owner which you can tax roll?
c) Did you complete the transaction via title company? Is the title transferred in your name ? OR did you pay a seller direct without going thru title.

Recommend perhaps contacting bank you provide the notice provide closing documents, also contact title company, confer with attorney
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 16, 2009
Your question could have 2 answers. Did you pay for your property in full, or are you asking for getting a copy of a deed after the foreclosure showing it being paid in full??? To get a copy of your current deed, all you need to do is to go downtown to the court house. However, if they foreclose, the account most likely will not be "Paid in Full" I'm not sure if this will help you or not.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 16, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer