I own a condo and is presently renting it out. What type of insurance do I need in case of fire?.?

Asked by Amelia Hart, Dallas, TX Thu Jun 26, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Fri Jun 27, 2008

Talk with your insurance broker about a landlord policy.
1 vote
Pete Johnson, , Palm Beach County, FL
Sat Jun 28, 2008
I'm not sure where you're located but in Florida you need an HO6 policy. Be sure to get a replacement cost endorsement. If you have a claim, replacement cost will pay to replace new without depreciation, whatever the age of the item. Also, make sure you get enough coverage. Depending on the quality of construction, you need to get from $60.00/Sq. Ft. to $100.00/Sq. Ft. for typical construction. You may need more for luxury construction. For some reason agents tend to underinsure condos.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more