I have a client interested in a FSBO property. The owner of the property has a realtor friend that is

Asked by MeLisa Minter, Clear Lake City, TX Tue Jul 22, 2008

handling all of the inquires about the property. This friend stated that the owner is not paying a realtor and that I would have to do all the work for free essentially.
My buyers are really interested in the property and are in the process of obtaining financing.

How can I get the seller's to agree to pay a buyer's agent commission.

Answers

2
Susan Wesely, , Saint Paul, MN
Tue Jul 22, 2008
You could try writing an offer with your commission specifically included - "Seller will pay...". If the total package is a "win" for the seller, they will accept it, regardless of what their Realtor friend says now. Perhaps your buyer would offer a little more to ensure that you get paid. Be sure the home will still appraise for your buyer's lender. The other option is to have your BUYER pay your commission directly. best of luck.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Jul 22, 2008
Either pay you OR say good bye. IS there not another house in the area that has the same floor plan?
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com