Mona, Home Seller in 85743

I am not happy with my realtor.how to get rid before the contract expire.?

Asked by Mona, 85743 Mon Jul 14, 2008

Answers

9
Jed Lane, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Sat Jul 7, 2012
Your contract is with the brokerage the agent has their license with not the agent specifically. You must talk to the owner or the managing broker at that office. Ending the contract is a bilateral action - both parties must agree.
In many cases they will either allow you to pull the listing or they will asssign another agent to work with you for the remainder of the listing period. Much depends on why you want to end the contract. If for instance you have a buyer waiting in the wings and just want to avoid paying the bokerage fee you might have problems getting them to release you form the contract. If the agent isn't repsonding or marketing the property then the broker will ask to let them assign someone else.
Eddie Holmes, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sat Jul 7, 2012
I would ask to speak to the Managing or Designated Broker in the office. Express your concerns and more than likely you will have a unconditional release from that agent and be assigned another agent from the office who will help fulfill the contractual agreement. Good luck to you, Mona and I hope it all works out for the best.

520-661-5340
edholmes@live.com
Steve Schnei…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Mona,
First contact your Realtor and express your concerns, if not satisfied, contact their broker, call the office number and ask to speak with the designated broker or manager, if still not satisfied ask to be released from the listing unconditionally. You, as the seller, can interview other agents at your convenience at any time. Good luck and I am sure that all will work out in the end.
George Szkup, , Tucson, AZ
Thu Oct 21, 2010
If you are going to ask for release (as others suggested) make certain that it is unconditional release - which will allow you to work with another brokerage.
George in Tucson
Anne Mckechn…, , 85718
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Hi Mona, I would agree with Michael to aks the managing broker to be transfered to another agent in the office where your home is listed. However, if you choose to change to another Brokerage, then make sure that you are being competiive in the market place with your listing price and that your home is getting great internet traffic.
In this market sellers, have to be realistic with their asking price, think of your home as a commody and it will help you realistically price your home. We wish you good luck. Anne and Eddie
Web Reference:  http://thetucsonexperts.com
Michael Krot…, Agent,
Mon Jul 14, 2008
Hi Mona,

As other posters below have already mentioned, speak with the managing broker of the company and try to work things out; many times a simple switch to another Realtor in the office will make everyone happy. If that isn't an option, then ask to be released from the buyer brokerage or listing agreement.

They will understandably try to keep your business but if push comes to shove they will probably let you out without any problems. I hope you find a Realtor who suits your needs!
Nancy, Both Buyer And Seller, castro valley ca94552
Mon Jul 14, 2008
mY ANSWER IS SIMPLE i WAS IN YOUR SHOES, mY REALTOR DID NOT BRING ME ONE OFFER. i LET HER GO AND HIRED cINDY cERUUDO KELLER WILLIAMS CASTRO VALLEY SOLD MY PROPERTY ONE MONTH TO THE DAY SHE WAS HIRED. NOW I AM IN ESCROW AND READY TO MOVE TO MY NEW HOUSE.
Winnie Lee, , Tucson, AZ
Mon Jul 14, 2008
Have a discussion with the Realtor, give them an opportunity to earn your respect. If that doesn't work, talk to their branch manager. You can be released from your contract if you are not happy but the contract is with the brokerage firm.
Jed Lane, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Mon Jul 14, 2008
Mona,
First understand the contreact is with the brokerage not the agent. Talk to the manager of the office and see if they have someone you'd rather work with. If it's a one person show and that isn't an option, you can ask to be released, if they refuse consult an attorney.