I am looking for a software program where I can enter my start location and then additional addresses, say up to 10, and it will determine which

Asked by Warner King, Portsmouth, NH Fri Nov 13, 2009

Showing order to visit to minimize drive time. Thanks!

Answers

3
Chuck Braxton, Agent, Meredith, NH
Fri Nov 13, 2009
This is right in Innovia. Search and select the properties, click Use Checked, click the button Driving Directions and then work the list. , You can juggle the order around to mesh with the realities. This will do up to 20 locations. I have found some drive times to be too long, but that gives you some slack in a schedule. If you really need to optimize go to randmacnally.com and join. Once the properties are on a map (oh, that is another problem ... listing agents not mapping their properties correctly or checking the geocoding that Innovia assigns). you can usually get a pretty good idea of the optimal route options.

You may have to enter addresses manually (or approximations) if the location cannot be found, but that is not too bad if you have any idea about the area.

Best, Chuck Braxton, REALTOR, Roche Realty Group, Inc. Meredith, NH
Web Reference:  http://www.ChuckBraxton.com
Val Cloutier, Agent, Londonderry, NH
Fri Nov 13, 2009
Benito, you might have a better MLS system than the one we got here in New Hampshire a few years ago.

Our MLS system does supply us with a "Driving Directions" option, but it doesn't optimize the route for us. It is helpful if we know the area well, and can figure out on our own which properties to show first and make our own route. It does NOT have a function to arrange our showing order. Maybe someday...

Warner, I end up using maps.google.com, enter all the addressed in, then tweak the order of showings to make the most sense.... Looking forward to other answers :)

Val Cloutier
CCC, Home Owner, San Diego, CA
Fri Nov 13, 2009
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

No need of software. Our local showing system allow us to set it and look at the properties.

Let m eknow if you need more help.

Benito