How do we report a problem with listing?

Asked by Muzammal Ahmed, Staten Island, NY Tue Jun 25, 2013

My broker told me all showings have been cancelled for a specific listing but it still says 'for sale' here on Trulia. Isn't it misleading for 'potential' buyers?

Answers

7
Gary R. DeFi…, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Jun 25, 2013
The only reliable way to know what is going on with a listing is to check with a realtor. Real estate websites are not updated as often as your local MLS. It is misleading if the website continues to post inaccurate information after MLS has been updated. However, it may take a few days for the website to catch up to MLS.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Jun 25, 2013
Here's the thing. Trulia (and other real estate websites) pull their info from the local MLSs and IDX feeds (information data exchanges) and sometimes it can take days or weeks for updates to be reflected here. If information is correct in your MLS that's all you need to worry about.

My honest opinion? YES, this is absolutely misleading to the public and it drives me nuts. And this is why I tell ALL consumers to rely on their REALTOR's info (who has access to the MLS).

People think they can just do their own searches here, but that's not the case. And these sites make us agents look bad when we've sold a listing, but it's still showing as active here.

These sites are notoriously inaccurate. Trust your REALTOR. He/she has access to the MOST updated info.
Lorraine Vel…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Tue Jun 25, 2013
It might take a few days to appear on the Trulia website..
Jill Subes, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Jun 25, 2013
yes it is very misleading. Trulia also post forclosures that are only open to big multimillion dollar companies to buy and not to the publc but they are posted on trulia an noone can find them
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Jun 25, 2013
You can try contacting customer service directly http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/
Deborah Brac…, Agent, STATEN ISLAND, NY
Tue Jun 25, 2013
It does take a while for updates but don't "play" realtor; work with one instead for accurate information at all times!!
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Tue Jun 25, 2013
If your broker has made the changes on Trulia, those changes may take at least 24 hours to appear.