How To... in Orlando>Question Details

Alicia, Home Seller in Weeki Wachee, FL

How do I put a mechanic lien on a Condo?

Asked by Alicia, Weeki Wachee, FL Sat Jul 19, 2008

I was called to do an extermination job on three building of a condo in orlando, Florida. Each building has 15 owners. The condo owes me 1800.00 which is 600.00 per building. The mechanic lien forms request the name of the owners, do I have to place a lien on each owner or just on the condo itself. The director was the person who requested the extermination of these three building.

Carlos Herrera’s answer
Sue the director. If the extermination was done on the outside of the units there is little to nothing you will probably be able to get from the owners..They did not request the work nor are they responsible the the exterior in most cases with condos.

The lien, if any needs to be placed with the association or whoever is responsible. you might be looking at a small claims case rather than the ability to place a lien on property.

I am not an attorney nor is my advice legal advice. This is my opinion.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 29, 2008

Never had to do one in Orlando, call or step on down to the county clerks office at the courthouse or admin building they should be able to help with this question.

Broker Dave
Two4One of Orlando
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 19, 2008
does your signed contract allow you to put a lein against the property?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 19, 2008
I would suggest speaking with an Attorney who specializes in Real Estate Law.…
Check out the link ( which is one of many). Hope this helps.