HOW DO I HAVE I FIND OUT IF MY LANDLORD HAS A RENTAL PERMIT? I HAVE A VERY OLD HOUSE I AM RENTING AND WE

Asked by Dnm14300, Mastic Beach, NY Mon Nov 3, 2008

MAINTAIN WHAT WE CAN BUT SOME THINGS ARE CONSTLY, SUCH AS WINDOW PANES, CESSPOOL, FLOOR THAT IS ROTTED IN BATHROOM FROM WATER DAMAGE, A CRACKED FOUDATION THAT IS ALLOWING WATER TO COME INTO THE BASEMENT WHEN IT RAINS,ETC.,

Answers

3
Victoria, Renter, 10583
Fri May 29, 2015
How about if you don't like he house, move.
Why get the town involved.
All the town wants is more money.
Just look at the head building inspector that left Mastic B. under questionable complaints, he now has a higher position in Crookhaven, He also has a plan to fine home owners $1,000. for building renovations done years ago with out permits.
Did anyone ever go to one of the newly formed mastic beach village court events.
They are disgusting money grabs with ridicules fines. I guess everyone wants a raise next year.
It looks like the money grab wont end until everyone [working in the private sector] leaves LI.
Toni colwell, Agent, Moriches, NY
Mon Dec 8, 2008
Your landlord is required to have a rental permit in mastic beach. You can call 451-town and they will transfer you to the rental permit division. Your best option is probably to find a new rental as there as so many on the market right now.
Carol Bromm, , Babylon, NY
Mon Nov 3, 2008
Not every municipality requires permits for rentals. Your best bet would be to call the Town of Brookhaven for information.