Can i transfer my bucks county section 8 voucher to Philadelphia?

Asked by Sfoxey, Fairless Hills, PA Wed Apr 28, 2010

I currently am on section 8 in bucks county, how ever due to personal reasons i need to move to Philadelphia. Does any one know if and how i could transfer my bucks county section 8 voucher to be used in Philadelphia?

Answers

4
Frank McGovern’s answer
Frank McGove…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Feb 14, 2011
To the best of my knowledge, you can transfer it to any city or state in the continental US. Its not only good for where you originally got the voucher. Feel free to give me a call if you need further assistance.
Mamitalatina…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Apr 11, 2017
Yes you can port out write to pha in Philadelphia tell them that you are porting out of bucks county to Philadelphia and they would send them notice that you are moving and you to have to let bucks now
247sergei, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Wed May 25, 2016
When it comes to section 8 vouchers in Philadelphia and some other locations in Pennsylvania, Creekside Apartments is a company that should be able to help you, so better contact them if the question is still relevant.
Joe, Renter, Warminster, PA
Sat Nov 23, 2013
talk to your housing case manager they will arrange to port your voucher for you.