Both parents died ('99 & '01) and are on my mortgage and deed. What must I do to remove their names? There

Asked by Nora Mcgrath, Staten Island, NY Sat Feb 14, 2009

are no Wills to produce.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sam Snead, Agent, Front, VA
Mon Feb 16, 2009
You will probably need to do a modification agreement with your lender if those that are deceased were co-signers with you. I would suggest you get in touch with your lender to see what is required and to notify them of your parents death. They should be able to guide you through the process. Otherwise contact a good Real Estate Attorney in your area. Good luck !-----Sam Snead GRI.CRS,CRB Front Royal , Va.
0 votes
Robert Fine, , Staten Island, NY
Sat Feb 14, 2009
Did your parents have their own lawyers? and they didn't have any of their own wills?. Whose been paying taxes and mortgages, and insurance since 2001? The city has a marshall that is in charge. Go and hire your own lawyer that will straighten this all out for you and any other of your heirs. Then go sell the hose.
Robert Fine
VIP Real Estate
0 votes
Jolie Muss, , Upper West Side, New York, NY
Sat Feb 14, 2009
You should contact a reputable NYS real estate attorney ,who also is knowledgeable about estate law. You might also want to contact a tax advisor. If you need a list of attorneys I would be glad to provide you with one.. Good luck!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more