Marjo, Other/Just Looking in 86351

would a burglary claim have to be in the clue even though there was no damage to the property?

Asked by Marjo, 86351 Sat Jul 18, 2009

Answers

4
Did the homeowner report it to the police and the insurance company? If it becomes public record it is better to disclose than to leave it out, the buyers could suspect of hiding information about the home.
It is always better to disclose than not to disclose and draw suspicion.
Debbie Bergthold-Smidth Classic Real Estate 708-267-5552
If there was no insurance claim made,then I do not believe it would be in the CLUE report, nor would it need to be. However, I think it is something that the seller should disclose, as over disclosure is always more advisable that under disclosure from a legal perspective.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
A CLUE report is a statement showing the claim history of the property insured. As such, yes, I believe it would need to be shown on a CLUE report.
Nora Sims,
Associate Broker
Marjo,

We are assuming you mean that a burglary has been commited at a property that is now "for sale." Any you are wondering if this should be disclosed by the sellers of the property.

Disclosure information is normally information of a physical nature that may have an impact on the value of the home. Common examples are roof repairs, WDO's, asbestos, flooding, mold etc.