Lydia, Home Owner in 02908

will I recoup the cost of installing central air / heat on resell?

Asked by Lydia, 02908 Mon Jul 2, 2012

Answers

3
Hi Lydia:
If the house does not have central heat is would be important to install to sell the property. Some mortgages require central heat. If the system includes high energy saving features you may also be able to get some tax credits. The Cost vs value guide from Remodeling Magazine will give you some good information. http://www.remodeling.hw.net/2010/costvsvalue/division/new-e…
Please note that it does not have a central heat or Ac item, because most houses in the rest of the country have both. In our area, a large number of homes still lack central ac, but that is changing. Finally, for your comfort, it may make sense to install central heat/ac. You might want to consider a heat pump. Good Luck.
Ron Phipps
410 640 7097
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 2, 2012
If your home has new or newer central heat and air, it is definitely going to attract more interest from buyers when you decide to resell and meanwhile you can enjoy the benefits of the new systems. I believe it is one upgrade that is worth doing to your home but you should ask a local realtor in your area what would be expected for your area. Also, certain mortgage programs require central heat at least so again, this would make your house appealing to more buyers.
Upgrading certain things in a home can make it more attractive to buyers. Having a good air system can be something that can make or break a deal depending on your potential buyer. If having a good system in place is something you are asked about, it will probably be something buyers in the area are looking for. The final decision is up to you and what you think is best.
http://www.artsacrepairrockwalltx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=56
Flag Tue Nov 25, 2014
It depends on the other homes in your area, if all of them have central air and central heat, then
you will want to compete with them, once you get to reselling. But when will you resell, that is really the more important question. If you intend to live in the home for let's say another 5 + years, then you will
enjoy A/C for that period of time, and selling may then be much easier..... Will you recuperate all the
cost, probably not, but part of it potentially.

The very best recommendation at this time I can make is commit to a local Realtor, one who will
be straightforward with you, look at your home, its age, construction, size and location and put the cost
of having it installed (get an estimate to have a real number to consider) in relationship with the possible sale price.....

If you need the recommendation of a local Realtor get back and I will gladly recommend a good
area Realtor to you.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
I was going to say the same thing: think about your location. Central heating and air is typically more desirable, but it's up to you to make the decision. If your heating and air is currently outdated at all, then I think it would be a smart move. http://www.artsacrepairrockwalltx.com
Flag Fri Apr 17, 2015