Any question regarding pricing is based on a complex set of variables. Here are the basics about the Valley Center market which is 92082:
1. For all SFR there are 91 listings, avg SF = 2,819, avg LP = $621,516, avg DOM = 107
2. There are 40 properties in escrow. avg SF = 2,367, avg LP = $504,654, avg DOM = 65
3. 100 properties closed escrow in the past 6 mos, SF = 2,754, avg LP = $435,162, avg SP = $427,813, avg DOM = 95
The conclusions we draw from the data are:
1. Smaller lower priced properties are selling. Avg SP is 32% less than LP, that is a big gap for 2010.
2. Higher priced larger homes are not.
3. There is a high volume of REO & Short Sales.
We hope this helps as you can draw your own conclusions as well.
Mark and Kari Shea
Real Estate Experts Serving San Diego County
Specialists in Investment Properties, Foreclosures, Short Sales,
Development Opportunities & Traditional Real Estate