who are the re company's that handle sales and renting your home while for sale?

Asked by Larry Stevens, Paradise, CA Thu Jan 22, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rick Evans, , 83864
Thu Jan 22, 2009
Hi again Larry,
I am affiliated with Tomlinson Sandpoint Sothebys Intl Realty, and we typically handle 25-30% of all transactions in the Sandpoint area. While my main focus is on selling real estate, I do work with someone in our office that has the most successful Rental Management company in town. Together we could certainly help you out.
Please check out my website and blog so that you can learn a bit more about me. If you feel I am the right 'fit' for you, I'd appreciate the chance to get together and see your property. I'll give you an honest and candid assessment, and will work hard to help you out with whatever direction you go.
0 votes
Brad West, Agent,
Thu Jan 22, 2009
Hi Larry, A close friend of mine just moved to sandpoint and is renting and looking for property to purchase! (they want some acreage) I dont know if your property is on the market or not but they may be interested in taking a look. I have been selling their home in Washington as they were transferred to Sand Point for work recently. They are finding alot on the market with more coming on the market but not found the right one yet. I am not licensed in Idaho but would connect you to the buyer if you want to contact me (click email on my webpage). I was snooping on some properties to see what they are looking at in Sand Point and saw your post.

I will refer to Mary Brown Hayes in Sand Point (an very experienced broker) and she knows the best agents/companies locally and that is where I start in Sand Point for any real estate questions. (and from I always get a straight answer). (Office # 208-255-2211) .

Brad West, Realtor since 1982
0 votes
Aaron Catt, Agent, Meridian, ID
Thu Jan 22, 2009

It sounds like you are asking for a company who can do real estate sales as well as manage your property as a rental while its on the market correct?

There are a few brokerages who have agents that have a 'home tenders' company or that work with one. Then, there are agents who own a property management company or work with one.

In either case, there is a significant difference.
Home Tenders- A company who provides a rental based on a 'private sub-contractor agreement' for specific terms and conditions. They are not technically tenants who live in the home and they are there with a firm understanding that you are selling and they need to accommodate the process by making the home available to show and keep it in good appearance. Some companies even require that the sub-contractors have certain qualities of furnishings.

Property Management- A company who rents or leases the property and is held responsible for the terms and conditions of the lease by Idaho Code. They can find similar tenants but the contract is very different and may or may not be suitable to your situation.

If you'd like a referral to a couple of these companies, please let me know, I can connect you with a quality Real Estate Brokerage who knows the ins and outs of the Sale/Rent situation.

208-724-7602 or aaronc@johnlscott.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Sandpoint Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more