where do I get an addendum to a real estate contract to retain the minerel rights?

Asked by Paul, 76010 Fri May 9, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sat May 10, 2008
Paul, Refer to this TAR form for information only. There are some links within that are helpful too. The way I have seen it being handled is that it's written in the special provisions of the contract and then the title company prepares 2 deeds, 1 for surface rights and one for mineral rights. As stated below, it is always wise to consult an attorney.


Web Reference:  http://www.sumnerrealty.com
0 votes
Margaret T.…, Agent, Conroe, TX
Sat May 10, 2008
Lynn 911 , your answers are usally right on but - The gentleman did not ask for a TREC, or NAR form or a form from your board. There are forms available for the public, He was asking how to get one of those.
I agree that he needs an attyorney if not an agent to assist. But I don't think we need to think about the Suing yet.

Where did it say he was purchasing , property and how do you retain what you don't have
0 votes
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri May 9, 2008
There are no standard promulgated forms that I have seen or know about in Texas. Best to consult a board certified real estate attorney to address to ensure you get what you want. It is much more complicated than a one line sentance on the contract. If you need a referral feel free to call my office at 214-675-6992.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Fri May 9, 2008
Where is your real estate agent? I would not recommend purchasing a property residential or commercial unless you have your own personal real estate agent representing you. We answer more calls and emails when things have gone "south" tooooo late for an agent to be involved

The Amendment a licensed agents are usage by professionals in the field not for the general public. A person can be sued for using our forms for unathorized usage of a legal document.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes
Margaret T.…, Agent, Conroe, TX
Fri May 9, 2008
Is this a home, acerage, commercal property? There are different contract. for each. I know of none that say that the mineral rights are unconditionally being conveyed. It is the title Policy that needs to state this.
Are you writing the contract yourself? I really would go to a Real Estate Attorney if you do not want to pay a Realtor a fee to do contract.
If you still have the mineral rights and wish to retain them I would not rely on a kitchen table fix. If you go to your local title Company they can direct you if you do not know who to call.
0 votes
Allison Cast…, , Tarrant County, TX
Fri May 9, 2008
Hi Paul,

When looking into retaining mineral rights you should always consult an attorney who deals with mineral rights. As far as obtaining the addendum try http://www.realestatepaperwork.com. If I can be of further assistance please don't hesitate to call or email me.

Allison J. Castilleja
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Popular Arlington Neighborhoods

Email me when…

Learn more