where can I get a unconditional withdrawal?

Asked by 9temple, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn, NY Fri Jul 8, 2011

need to be released from contract with existing realtor.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Madeline Pad…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Hi 9temple
First ask the broker for one, however depending upon your reason for the withdrawal you may or may not be able to sell for up to 6 months. You can ask your attorney for advice, but if you only have a small amount of time left I suggest you just let it expire. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any other help.
1 vote
Charles D'Al…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
I am sorry you are having issue with your Realtor® ! In order to get an unconditional release you should sit with the agent and show him that he is not fulfilling his obligations as your representative . A listing is a contract and both sides have obligations to each other. If the agent is doing his due diligence then he is breaching his contract and then he should release you. If he is a Realtor® go to http://www.realtor.com or NAR ,Nation Association of Realtors®
0 votes
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Dear 9temple:

You can speak to the actual broker at the office you listed with and request an unconditional release. Be advised that just because you ask for it does not mean they have to give it to you. If they refuse and you are unhappy you should seek the assistance of an attorney. If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
0 votes
Henderson Jo…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Hi, You should ask the broker, because the agent will have to check with the broker.You might have to wait about six months before you can sell the property.

Henderson Jones
Lic. Real Estate Broker
0 votes
Brian Ngo, Agent, BROOKLYN, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Hi 9temple,

What is the reason why you ask this question? If you want an unconditional withdrawal, first you can ask the real estate agent that has listed your property or going to list your property. If that don't work then you have to go and talk to the broker of the firm or the manager but usually a real estate agent can do it for you. If you need any kind of help please free feel to contact me at anytime.

Have a great day,

Brian Ngo
Licensed Real Estate Agent@
Armkey Realty
C: 917-463-9321
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Jul 8, 2011
Ask the broker owner and or officer manager of the realty comapany you are dealing with; either party can decide on withdrawals, not necessarily the agent....
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more