where can I get a good real estate power of attorney?

Asked by Max, Old Bridge, NJ Wed Aug 5, 2009

I need to sell my home and my wife, who is the co-owner, is out of country. I need to get a power of attorney from her to sell the house. Where can I get a good real estate power of attorney document which I can get signed and notarized for my use.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Larry Sarlo, Agent, North Wildwood, NJ
Wed Aug 5, 2009
I want to say first when I first read your post the first line was quite funny sounding..."I need to sell my home and my wife"

Try this site but make sure your mtg company does nto have something more specific they require . sometimes they have their own forms. If you have and attorney they too will advise you of the conditions.



This will cost you $14.95

There are General Power Attorney which gives broad powers and limited. Also the form should be made to expire upon completion of the transaction.

These forms mostly are very general. seek an attorney for advise should only charge about $50-$100 to have something completed.

Larry Sarlo
Weichert Realtors
Web Reference:  http://www.NJHomeHunter.com
0 votes
Joseph Gendr…, Renter, Miami Beach, FL
Sun Feb 26, 2012
You should go to a company that specializes in power of attorney like http://powerofattorneyform.com
0 votes
Tammy Durbin, Agent, Mount Airy, MD
Wed Aug 5, 2009
If you are trying to put your home on the market first you may be able to email her the listing agreement and have her sign it. Will your wife be back in time for settlement? If not, I would speak to a real estate attorney since she is already out of the country. You would need to check with an attorney to see what is acceptable for real estate law in your state and the country where your wife is since her signature will have to be notarized.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Old Bridge Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more