Dana Mcdowell, Home Owner in 90805

what would you do with a realtor who failed to return buyers calls and to show up for meetings,never brought any buyers by and undersold your home?

Asked by Dana Mcdowell, 90805 Tue Mar 1, 2011

Answers

8
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Do you have proof your agent failed to return buyers calls, if so, was his/her broker owner and office manager informed; as for the home being undersold--curious to know who made the decision to accept the offer....
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Mar 1, 2011
A realtor can't "undersell" your home without you agreeing to the purchase price.
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Tue Mar 1, 2011
There are two parties to the listing contract the Broker and the Seller. Each have a duty.
The Broker has a duty - as outlined in the contract - one is to market your home.
The Seller actually picks the listing price and the selling price, not the Broker.

I don't know what meetings you are referring to, I would question why they failed to return the buyer's calls. Perhaps it has something to do with your listing contract and the buyer's being represented by another Broker.

In any event communication relieves frustration and it sounds like that is in order here.
Web Reference:  http://terrivellios.com
Melissa Bark…, Agent, Washington, DC
Wed Mar 2, 2011
I would ask for a release from your contract, if they are slow in getting it, I would talk to their broker and explain the situation to them and ask for the release. After you have the release I would find another agent who can provide customer service and communication skills.

Gerard Dunn, Agent, Chevy Chase, MD
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Release them immediately and find a competent Realtor to represent you!

Good Luck !

Gerry Dunn
Associate Broker
Serving Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia
David Jaffe, Agent, Arlington Heights, IL
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Hi Dana,

It is unfortunate your Real Estate Agent did not understand the idea of "excellent customer service"... There is no excuse for not returning calls or failing to show up for scheduled meetings. These are good reasons never to use this Agent again. As far as not bringing any Buyers thru your home, your Agent may not be working with Buyers in the price range or target search criteria your home offers. Most often, he/she is relying on other Real Estate Professionals to bring in qualified buyers by extensively Marketing your home.

Regarding 'under-selling' your home, I would ask the question 'Did your Agent give you a market appraisal of your home? Did you interview other Real Estate Agents and did they give you a Market Evalutation? Your Real Estate Agent sets the price of your home based on Sold & Active comparable homes in your area to bring in Buyers (and ultimately an 'offer'). The Buyer and Seller ultimately come to an agreement on the final sales price. If I were a Seller in this challenging market and got my home sold, I would feel very fortunate. Remember, you can leverage the purchase price of your new home, to get back what you feel you left on the table at your former home.

Since the market is still declining, you could be selling your home for less today, than when you sold it.

It is unfortunate your Agent didn't give you better service and attention.

Best of luck,

David Jaffe-SRES, CDPE
Coldwell Banker
The Deswal G…, Agent, Great Neck, NY
Tue Mar 1, 2011
I guess it's too late to even fire him/her since you implied that the home sold.
Maya Swamy, , Long Beach, CA
Tue Mar 1, 2011
If a Realtor didn't return buyers' calls or show up for meetings I would fire them. However some buyers probably came by or the property would not have sold at all. As for underselling. No Realtor can sell your home - you do that when you accept an offer. The Realtor only markets your home.