what's my house worth?

Asked by Jo, Kingston, NY Tue Sep 30, 2008

Answers

9
Bernie Krause, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Tue Sep 30, 2008
What's your address.,?
Thank you ,
Bernie
Amy Bernhard…, Agent, Esopus, NY
Wed Mar 18, 2009
Dear Jo,

There are sites like zillow.com that offer a general idea of home values in the neighborhood. These sites do not take into consideration the condition and upgrades in your particular home and how your home compares to others that are for sale and have sold within the last three months in your neighborhood. As you probably know Kingston is comprised of multiple neighborhoods and all homes on one street may not sell for the same price as homes two blocks away. An appraisal and/or market analysis can give you an up to date valuation for your home.
Amy,
Active Member of Ulster Multiple Listing Service,
Participant in Realtor Caravan

Now is a great time to buy! Thinking about expanding your real estate portfolio?
Ed Fitch, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Tue Oct 21, 2008
If you wish to approximate value with past sales ... check out http://www.fitchproperties.com for a rough value estimate.
Jonathan Ben…, Home Buyer, Lancaster County, PA
Tue Oct 21, 2008
I love how Bill just laid it all out there. Short. To the point. Accurate. Love it.

At the same time, he's totally right. There are a ton of places to get an online home value report. While certain online home value sites may tell you their equation is accurate, it's best to work with a local real estate agent.

Would you trust AutoZone.com to tell you exactly what is wrong with your car? No. You take your car to the local wrench that you trust... and they fix it for you.

Same mentality should apply to real estate. Too bad it doesn't these days.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Oct 16, 2008
Jo,

You have several options:

1. hire a professional appraiser at a cost of between $300- $400.

2. use the site http://www.zillow.com (do not depend on their zestimates)

3. contact a local real estate professional and request a free CMA

Thu Oct 16, 2008
Hi Jo,
I would love to give you a price opinion and explain how Houlihan Lawrence would market your home-I think you would be pleased! I belong to Ulster,Dutchess and Westchester mutiple listing services and am an Ulster County resident.
Amanda Sherw…, , Saugerties, NY
Sun Oct 12, 2008
Hi Jo,
Please give me a call at 845-679-7321 x128 and I'll be glad to meet with you and discuss your house's value. My company, Westwood Metes & Bounds, has been the largest seller of residential real estate in Ulster County for the past 15 years.
Amanda Sherwin
Jolie Muss, , Upper West Side, New York, NY
Sat Oct 4, 2008
Jo,
Please contact me by phone or email and I can refer you to an excellent independent local broker who can help you with your question.
Jolie Muss Licensed
New York Real Estate Broker and Brokerage
joliemuss@joliemuss.com
212 721-3301
Web Reference:  http://joliemuss.com
Thomas McGiv…, Agent, Farmingville, NY
Tue Sep 30, 2008
Jo,

Um, a few more little details would be necessary.

Where is it located?
How many bedrooms, baths does it have?
How much land?
etc....