Home Selling in Felton>Question Details

lfergie8, Home Seller in Felton, CA

what's a 2 bdrm/ 1bth going for in Felton 95018?

Asked by lfergie8, Felton, CA Tue Nov 6, 2012

Answers

7
There is a great variation in price for homes in the area. In the past year, the lowest priced sale on the MLS was just over $75,000, and the most expensive was $445,000. Remember the zip code includes Lompico and Zayante, usually lower priced than more desirable areas like the Felton Flats. If you are interested in what the potential selling price of your home is, asking a couple of knowledgable local agents to visit your home and give you their feedback will help pin down the value.

Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 6, 2012
I am looking for long term where I have no plan on re selling...
Flag Fri Aug 30, 2013
Is Lompico and Zayante as unfavorable as it was in the 80's? Not concerned about distance to shopping.. more concerned about neighborhood being safe and not trashy...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
Hi, We moved from SC to Lompico about 2.5 years ago. In general, the neighborhoods seem very safe, people walk around here a lot for exercise and even at night you'll see folks out walking their dogs. Periodically you will hear of cases of petty thefts or even home robberies, but I used to live in Seabright, and truly, the frequency of that kind of thing is no greater here than it was there. There are still a few old school trashy types, with blue tarps and junk cars in the yard, but even in the time I've been here, I'm noticing less and less of that. Overall, I think it's a great value for the price of property here. I never would have been able to get into the Santa Cruz area housing market if we had not bought here. I think there are a lot of recent buyers like me and therefore the character of the area is changing. You could check out neighborhood conversations on a site like Nextdoor.com to get a feel for the general vibe.
Flag Sat Mar 29, 2014
Looks like you've received some great information here. The issue I don't see addressed is "Why do you want to know?"
-IF you are interested in buying a place, these same factors will affect your decision,
-Location: Lompico/Zayante area is less expensive/less desirable, for a number of reasons, then close to town;
-Some neighborhoods have private roads/water like Forest Lakes with community dues.
-Some neighborhoods are in the flood plain like Felton Flats where FEMA $ were used to raise homes a few years back;
- If you are looking for rental rates, that's a different question.
-If you need to determine a value for a place you own, if it is for estate/tax reasons, that makes a difference.
- If you want to sell it, an agent with a GREAT marketing plan, that will attract the maximum number of prospective buyer's will be able to help you get the most offers, IF your asking price is reasonable...
I've helped buyers and sellers in San Lorenzo Valley for almost 20 years. Please let me know if yoy want help to achieve your goal, whichever it may be :) 831-588-1752
CHEERS!
Location makes a big difference as well as quality of construction and square footage. A small place in fair condition say 800 sqft that gets no sun and is on a steep lot may only be worth $200k. A nice place that is 1200 sqft on a sunny 5000 sqft lot in the Glenn Arbor area could be worth as much as $450k. The best thing to do is have a Realtor like myself come out look at the property and then prepare a comparative market analysis.

Byron Rifkind
831-818-0416
Hi, my name is Josh Thomas, I'm the broker/owner of Town & Country Real Estate in Felton. I've been selling Mtn homes for over 12 years, I believe I'd be a good candidate and I'd be happy to provide you with a free detailed estimate along with ideas on market strategy. You can call me directly at 831-335-3200
who would be a good candidate to estimate the value of my house?
I'd be happy to do so as well. Please call to set up a time that works for you.
Thanks!
Flag Tue Nov 6, 2012
I would - I know the San Lorenzo Valley very well and have performed thousands of analysis of home values through Santa Cruz, and hundreds in the San Lorenzo Valley. Please contact me at your convenience!
Flag Tue Nov 6, 2012
Values in the Felton area can vary greatly, as Curt pointed out - even among houses of similar size, bedroom count, etc. Factors affecting value include (among many others) overall lot utility (is the lot sunny, open, and flat, or steep and with heavy tree cover blocking out the sun?), proximity to amenities (e.g. shopping, restaurants), quality of access (well-paved public road versus rutted single-lane dirt track), and, of course, the condition and upgrades of the property. To try and narrow it down for you, most folks buying a 2 bedroom house in Felton are going to pay somewhere between $250K and $375K.