what is the current market like for victorian (1880) multi-family homes?

Asked by Dorothy, Outside U.S. Fri Sep 7, 2012

Answers

8
Roberta Stone, Agent, Newton, MA
Fri Sep 7, 2012
There is a very strong market for these types of homes in our communities in and around Boston. However, there are many facts to be established before a true market assessment is given; How many units in the home? How many rooms per unit? What is the loction? What is the condition? are there any updates, and how recent were they? Does the home hae tenants and what are the rents? These are only some of the questions. A comprehensive market analysis would include these questions and many more. It would also require a visit so the Realtor can get a look at the home to compare it to others that have sold in the area. I would be glad to discuss this home and answer any questions you may have about it.

Roberta Stone
617-233-3448
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Mon Sep 10, 2012
I just sold one in Falmouth last month. This particular home was on the market for years, and them boom - 5 offers. However, I would say that most buyers want a newer home with less maintenance needed. This older home was well maintained, but it was older and in an area where historic rules and regs might affect any repairs, renovations, or replacements.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Sat Sep 8, 2012
As you can see from the other answers, inventory is low for multi-family properties right now. Interest in these properties is high and coming mainly from investors looking for rental properties because the rental market is so strong right now. These investors are likely to pay a little more than the condo-conversion investors, who are a vanishing breed (I know because I was one and did many conversions in JP and Roslindale). I am a sales agent now with Re/Max Metro, know JP well and would love to take a look at your property and let you know what I think. You can reach me at 617-620-0669 or jamesfurlong20@gmail.com.
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Fri Sep 7, 2012
Hi Dorothy,

as you can see there are many variables that need to be taken into consideration to get an estimate of market value for a property. The good news is that getting a market analysis is free. So, you could call a couple of realtors to provide you with a CMA and that will also give you the opportunity to interview a few of them before picking one to list and sell your home. info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference:  http://www.wenrealty.com
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Fri Sep 7, 2012
JP is strong and priced right will sell in one day.

There are a total of 3 on the market average price 663000 10 under agreement average price $622,000 and 26 sales average price $604,000 this is all within the last 6 months.

If you need assistance, let me know.

Louis
Ron Danklefs, Agent, Boston, MA
Tue Jul 1, 2014
JP is currently experiencing the most robust market conditions for home sellers since 2005. Open Houses are jam-packed with buyers and multiple offers are common for accurately-priced properties. The property you describe is in high-demand, but much depends on the results of an in-depth inspection of the structure and all major systems. With the help of a professional Realtor, a step-by-step marketing plan can be developed to market your home for the best results and the fewest sleepless nights!
Netfish, Home Buyer, Jamaica Plain, MA
Sun Nov 11, 2012
hi,
i want to buy it . sell to me and no broker comission.
thanks, fp
netfish@excite.com
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Fri Sep 7, 2012
I am also a certified appraiser and an investment property specialist with over 40 years of experience.