what is the best way to sell and make my philly row home stand out from the rest?

Asked by Shakira, Philadelphia, PA Fri Dec 28, 2007

my home has been on the market since Nov. 23. I put an offer on another home that I love with a late March settlement...how can I sell my current 3 bedroom 1 bath row?

Answers

9
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri Dec 28, 2007
A property sells as a result of price and exposure. Price is determined by market forces, competition, location, condition and presentation. Marketing to a small pool of potential buyers lessens your chance of achieving the highest and best price. While you can't advertise your way to a buyer overpaying for your property, you can't sell to a buyer who does not know you exist. Your efforts can impact the condition and presentation of the property. Efforts in staging, decluttering, painting, cleaning, will often help you achieve a sales contract instead of the competiton. A price adjustment can compensate for condition, because there is a buyer pool who is looking for an opportunity and willing to trade a bit of elbow grease to do it.

You need to set your price to be competitive based upon the condition. I have represented sellers who did not want to pick up the clutter or paint the walls. We still sold, but ajusted the price accordingly.

Price right and make sure your Realtor provides aggressive marketing to ensure broad market exposure. You need to shine brighter than your competition. When reveiwing comps, make adjustments for the time since the date of the sale if there is a pattern of recent price suppression. Look at your active competititon, and price better than your closest competition. Don't use an overpriced property as your gage; choose one that is serious about selling, and outshine them.

The more exposure you can achieve on several web sites, with premium positioin whenever possible will boost your property views. The more your property is exposed, the more oppty you have to reach your buyer.

Cindy Maves, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Fri Dec 28, 2007
Hi Shakira;
A little over a month is not a long time, but I understand your wanting to sell as quickly as possible given that you have an offer on another home.
The best way to sell your home and make it stand out from the rest of the homes for sale is to have it priced right. Your asking price should be based on solds in the last 90 days. Then the fact that it only has one bath, should be reflected in the price as that is something that cannot be changed. It is what it is.
Secondly, your home needs to be spotless. No clutter, everything fixed, front door painted. A buyers impression is made as soon as they see the front of your home and then in the next few minutes when they enter the front door. Remove as much furniture as possible. Rent a pod if needed.A potential buyer needs to be able to envision their own furniture in your home.
Web Reference:  http://www.northropteam.com
Linette Carr…, Agent, Wilmington, DE
Fri Dec 28, 2007
To add to what has already been said. I think agent incentives are nice for the agent but offering the buyer incentives is even better. Offer to pay closing costs with a full price offer or to buy down the buyers interest rate (speak to your agent about this or a mortgage person so that you understand the concept). Good luck and enjoy your new home.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Fri Dec 28, 2007
All the answers here are good; I particularly like Cindy's. Price your property aggressively, and make sure it's staged and looks terrific. The make sure your agent markets the heck out of it.
Chris & Step…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Fri Dec 28, 2007
If you want it to sell fast and quickly, I would price it 5 to 10 percent below all your competition. Further, I would make sure that the curb appeal is there and the inside is spotless. Maybe consult a stager ? Also, you can always offer a bonus to the agent that brings in your buyer. You can ask your agent about those things and have them implemented quickly. In 19120 houses sell relatively quickly so if things are done right, you should be fine. For more info, visit our website at http://www.thesomersteam.com . Good luck !
Christopher…, Agent, Spring City, PA
Tue Mar 25, 2008
Don't listen to Just Looking...he is a negative nelly!
Hi, , Virginia
Tue Mar 25, 2008
make some philly steak and cheese sandwiches
mmm good, i like them.
maybe better to keep your current house
not a good time to sell

anyways

good luck
Christopher…, Agent, Spring City, PA
Tue Mar 25, 2008
I have several answers for you to sell you home quickly and get more showings:
1. Lower the price
2. Reduce the price
3. Downwardly adjust the price

There, I think that answers it. No amount of open houses will get people to come UP to your price.
Linda, , Berwyn, PA
Fri Jan 11, 2008
Price and appearance of the home are key. With so much inventory to choose from, buyers will pick the house that looks the best and is priced right. It may be worth the small investment to consult a local stager. A consultation usually runs $200-$400, but could make the difference in a quicker and more profitable sale. Good luck.