Kristen Kara…, Home Buyer in Lowell, MA

what is the best way to find out how much my home is worth?

Asked by Kristen Karabelas, Lowell, MA Tue Mar 26, 2013

Answers

8
Jillian Gilbert’s answer
You're best option would be contacting a local licensed real estate professional most of the time the service is free!

Jillian Gilbert
Century 21 G.J.Brown
309 Rogers St
Lowell, Ma 01852
Office 978-452-7696 x381
Cell. 978-758-1105
Best way is to use a combination of methods. You can reference Trulia, Zillow, tax records, local realtors, or even order an appriasal. Typically, the local realtor will be the best way to go.
Connect with an experienced local Realtor, who will be able after seeing your home and taking inventory of its size, and amenities, to provide you with the results of a detailed market evaluation. He will give you a range for the asking price and what kind of negotiations you should exprect. He will also help you to
prepare your home right from the start, and this may require some staging, some new paint colors on a few walls setting tables etc. etc.

If you need the recommendation of a good Realtor in your area for the purpose of listing your home, let me know via e-mail and I will forward a recommendation to you.
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
A Professional Appraisal which you pay for. Otherwise, you can ask a Real Estate Agent or Broker to do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). A CMA is usually done for free because there is an expectation that you will list the house with that agent or broker. However, with that stated, there is also the risk you will be led to believe that this agent or broker can sell it for "X" amount, which is higher than what an honest agent or broker will tell you it's worth. This is why homeowners should never hire an agent based on, possibly biased, CMA price or the sales price quoted by an agent/broker. The agent or broker "should," but don't always do, take your property condition into consideration. So, the person you do hire, whoever it is, must visit and view the property prior to providing you with a fair CMA report. There are unethical agents out there, and they will do or say whatever they think will get you to sign that list contract. So, in this case, even though you're the possible seller of property, you are a buyer of a professional opinion and services, and, as always, it's "buyer beware."

Hello Kristen,
A LOCAL Real estate agent (from Lowell) will come to your home, walk through the property with you, bring comparable properties on paper with them and sit down with you to explain the market conditions.
This is called a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) a report consisting of 12-15 pages. This should show you properties that have sold in your area within your square footage as well as expired listings to show the market even more accurately.

Good Luck, this is a great time to list your property.
If you contact your realtor, he/she should be able to do a free market analysis for you. With that, they will be able to provide recent sales of homes that have sold in your area.

Joan Patterson, B.A., G.R.I., Realtor, License #01431647
951-204-1864
http://inlandempirerealestate.kwrealty.com
You need an experienced agent to do a CMA for you or hire a licensed appraiser. Let me know if you'd like me to help!
Web Reference: http://www.sellyourden.com
The BEST?

The best isn't the cheapest....have the property appraised by a licensed appraiser. If may cost a couple hundred dollars but it could be money well spent!