Michael Schn…, Home Buyer in Vail, CO

what is my home worth?

Asked by Michael Schneider, Vail, CO Wed Apr 20, 2011

Answers

9
Byron Morris, , Vail, CO
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Hi Mike, did you ever get the answer you were looking for?
Are you still thinking of moving?

Byronmountainhomes.com
John Herreid, Agent, Media, PA
Wed Apr 20, 2011
There is no hard and fast rule that will answer this question, with one exception. It is worth what a buyer will pay for it.

Having said that, there are some ways that you can get a better idea.

+ Ask a realtor or two to do a Comparative Market Analysis for you.

+ Get an appraiser to do an appraisal for you. That will cost you about $400, but it could be worth it.

+ See if a local realtor can set you up with an ongoing report called the "Real Estate Market Snapshot". It gives you ongong info by email of what houses are listing and selling for in your area. If the first realtor you ask doesn't have it, find someone else. The better realtors in all areas should be able to do that for you.
Web Reference:  http://www.johnherreid.com
Sondra Slapp…, Agent, Vail, CO
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Dear Michael,

Is your home in Sun Vail or in East Vail? If you can let me know, I can give you pricing thoughts based on the recent activity in your specific area. I am a licensed Colorado appraiser in addition to being a real estate agent. We are still in a "buyer's market" and with an anticipated increase in supply, as winter rentals are re-listed, I would expect further price declines as the summer approaches. That being said, if you are priced aggressively and the property is in good conditon and easily available for showings, you can definitely attract a buyer. If you are interested in selling, I would recommend interviewing several local brokers to find the right agent for the job.

Sondra Slappey
Keller Williams Mountian Properties
sondra@investinvail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.investinvail.com
Chris K. McD…, , Vail, CO
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Hello Michael,

When determining your specific value it is also good to ask multiple agents. I too will be happy to provide you with a CMA/BPO. I will also be happy to provide you with two different numbers. What it worth and what it will actually sell for. Our market place is active with financially educated buyers and they are only jumping at well priced properties. A key indicator of this, is some of the numbers coming out of our local title companies. We are at/or close to 2007 sales volume. The only difference is the price per square foot is signifcantly reduced and the actual sales price at the closing table.
-A note to keep in mind- as a seller you are in stiff competition with numerous bank owned and short sale properties throughout our valley. As a specialist in this segment these properties are typically taking a short amount of time to put under contract. How quickly they actually sell, depends on the individual situation.

Thank you and good luck.

Chris McDonnell
Keller Williams Mountain Properties
970-331-4617
chrismcdonnell@kw.com
Pete Denise, Agent, Vail, CO
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Michael,

It's been over 2 years since a home like yours has sold (for $750k). I can see why you would ask. There are currently 3 listed between $825k and $950k, and they are accumulating days on the market. Additionally, the ski season ends Sunday. Of course, there are many factors that determine value, such as your specific location, condition, etc. I'd be happy to do a CMA, free of charge, and we can discuss your options.

My Best,
Pete Denise
pete@vail.net
Didi Doolitt…, Agent, Eagle, CO
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Michael, great question. I am a real estate broker in Vail, CO with Slifer Smith & Frampton Real Estate. If you like, I'd be happy to put together a CMA for your neighborhood and home. If you like, I can also set you up on a system that will alert you of sales activity in your neighborhood so that you can stay up to speed on the current transactions in your area.

If you'd rather get an appraisal, I'd be happy to recommend a list of local appraisers as well.

I wish you the best if you decide to sell your home. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Didi Doolittle
ddoolittle@slifer.net
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Hi Michael,

As the other agents have said, there is no clear cut answer. There are many factors involved, and you need a professional's advice. Are you thinking of selling, or "just curious"? Most realtors will offer to do a CMA free of charge. If you need the name of someone in your area, let me know! Or, you can pay to have an appraisal done. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.sallygrenier.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Consider inviting a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a CMA, comparative market analysis, review the data, ask for their opinion and make a determination....
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Wed Apr 20, 2011
There is no perfect science that can tell you that, it's worth what someone will pay you for it. You can get a market analysis from a local Realtor to give you an idea or pay $400 for an appraisal to get an idea.