Stephanie Tu…, Home Seller in Maple Heights, OH

what is included in the point of sell inpection for Maple Heights, Ohio?

Asked by Stephanie Turner, Maple Heights, OH Mon Dec 3, 2007

Answers

2
They go over EVERYTHING?!!! If your missing a light switch cover, to flooring, cement, windows, I mean EVERYTHING. If you are purchasing the home, the buy must escrow the rehab amount with the city,then pay the contractor, then get inspections to get your money back.
Point of Sale inspections generally look for cosmetic and safety issues in order to keep a community's housing stock in good condition. It is definitely NOT a substitute for a general home inspection. Usually the repairs need to be made before title transfers or the funds for the repair need to be placed in Escrow if they are to be done after the new owner takes posession. Electrical issues like GFI's and outdated boxes are a common item. I have heard of garages being painted, porch railings replaced and LOTS of other minor issues in some communities.