Theresa, Home Seller in Kirkwood, Atlanta, GA

what is a reasonable price for a 1930 house in kirkwood, that has been upgraded for central heat and air, but?

Asked by Theresa, Kirkwood, Atlanta, GA Sun Nov 25, 2007

no other upgrades. Has 2 beds, 1 bath and needs lots of work

Answers

8
Have you sold or listed yet?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 16, 2008
This question can't be answered accurately with the information you have provided. There is a difference in value between the older historic homes and the post world war II homes, and brick ranches built in the 60's. The amount of work needed will reflect on the value, as well as the location. traffic, proximity to commercial property or low rent apartments, condition of the other homes on the street, and amount of $$ for the repairs. Email me with the address and I will send you a free CMA comparing sales in the last 6 months within 1/2 mile of your home with similar age and square footage. This is not totally accurate without seeing the interior but it will be closer!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2007
Soory I didn't read all of it. I still need street name to be able to give you an advice.
Free Advice for Kirkwood and East Lake Neighborhoods.
Remodeled or not ? if yes what is quality of work ? Deck, Garage, unfinished room in the attic ?
Send me an email with those answers and I'll let you know.
Selling any house in Kirkwood means that you must account for the fact that it is a street by street, immediate neighbor by immediate neighbor, neighborhood and that our schools are not the best in Atlanta. They are getting better, but since my daughter is arriving in 2008, and since she might attend Toomer elementary because I'm staying in Kirkwood for a long, long time, I know that Kirkwood is compromised. Buyers can spend similar monies in better school districts.

If the 2/1 house needs a lot of work, keep it under $150,000.00. If you really need to sell it, sell it - hope is not a strategy. If you have nuisance neighbors, good luck - $125,000 or less might be realistic. Maybe less.

I can come look at it - let me know.
You need two professionals to help you answer your question. 1- get an appraisal. 2- get a contractor (preferrably 2) to give you repair estimates. A reasonable price is the appraised value - repair costs - 10%. Hope that helps.
Web Reference: http://www.doyenrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2007
The pricing also depends on what street it is on in Kirkwood. For example, Warren north of Hosea is a little different than Warren south of Hosea.
With heating and air you are looking at the mid to low $100,000.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2007