we want to sell our house due to our kids graduating and such,and it's a 4 bedroom home mind you,but we still owe about 30,000 can we still sell it

Asked by delacerdafelix, Lubbock, TX Mon Oct 29, 2012

the house is listed at about 65,000 then,we are not behind on payments but we have 2 empty bedrooms,plus i have built a fence and a screen room to the back yard. would this add value to the home?

Answers

6
Kent Hebison, Agent, Lubbock, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Yes you can still sell your home. It all depends on the condition and most importantly the location.
You said it is listed so your Realtor should be able to show you strong hard numbers to get the home sold and put money in your pocket. If you do not have a realtor already then I can be more specific and give advice. I just do not want to interfere if you are already represented.

Have a great week.
Guy Gimenez, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
If the home is listed, you will soon find out if the home has the value you've given it. Depending on the quality of the fencing and the screened room, it may or may not add much value. Pricing and marketing will always be key to getting a home sold.
Ronnie Foy, Agent, Lubbock, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Most homes have a fence and buyers expect a home to have a fence these days. Adding the fence gives the home value as bring it up to what comparable fence back yard homes in the area sell for.

The screened in back porch may be desirable to some, but not to all and I wouldn't give much if any added value here.

Many other items, features and the general condition of the home will be greater determining value of your home than the fence and screened back porch.
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012

It sounds like you definitely can sell it. Your additions if done correctly will most likely add value as well. I would speak with a local Realtor who can do a thorough market analysis for you so you can see where you r home should be priced based on the current market conditions.

Best of luck to you,

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Jennifer Bus…, Agent, Lubbock, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
I would recommend having a Realtor do a market analysis so that you can decide where to go from there. I would be happy to help in any way!

Thanks!
Melissa Dear, Agent, Allen, TX
Mon Oct 29, 2012
The best thing to do would to have a Realtor come to your house and give you a market analysis, so you can see what your options are. Having a Realtor on your side will give you the information you need to make an informed decision. If you would like a referral to a great Keller Williams agent in your area I am happy to help with that as well? Best of Luck to you!