we"ve been trying to sell our home for almost two years and have had four people go through it. Is there something we need to be doing?

Asked by Allison Bockman Hermance, 46765 Mon Oct 15, 2012

Answers

5
x’s answer
x, , Fort Wayne, IN
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Hi Allison,

I wish I could help you, but we have a similar situation in the same zip code. We put our house up for sale 4 years ago. In spite of its being priced by a very well-respected appraiser and making price reductions, we not only did not sell it, but we got very few showings as well. The agent came highly-recommended and was a high-level producer. At that time, we nixed our relocation plans, accepted a job back in Fort Wayne, and took the house off the market.

This year, we accepted a job out of state. We put the home back on the market this past spring. After several months, we went ahead and moved, but the home still has not sold. It is a very nice, well-constructed home, has been taken care of, and is in a very nice area. The price is now $15,000 below what it cost us to build it 12 years ago!

While there aren't many homes for sale in this zip code, we are aware of three others that were on the market at the same time ours was in 2008, are back on the market now, have made price reductions, and are still for sale.

Our agent is puzzled by the results and thinks that the school system could be a factor as to why we have not gotten very many showings. I hope that you will keep us posted with any marketing strategies that you try and how things progress for you. We wish you the best!
Bill & Rachel…, Agent, Munster, IN
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Hi Allison,
I sounds like you need help. Hiring the right agent can be the key to selling your home in today's market. You have to hire a strong agent. This can be difficult to determine. Give me a call. I'd be glad to assess your situation on the telephone. I know many agents throughout the state and can get you to the right agent to sell your home. My cell phone number is 219-613-7527
Allison Bock…, Both Buyer And Seller, 46765
Mon Oct 15, 2012
We"ve had two different realtor and they were both suppose to be the best and showed how high their numbers were at selling the last several years and they even chose the price they thought would be best to sell it the quickest. They have staged the house, it's on the web withe I believe 20 or so pictures, it"s in all the local real estate books, UGHHHH. I''m not sure if we should try another Realtor and lower the price again. We can"t go much lower or it won't cover all the cost. I know God will sell it in his own time. I would just like to ask to be moved up in the line if at all possible. :)
Allison, Where do they have it on the internet? Most potential buyers today are looking online, not in books anymore. I would love to see a link to it, If you want, email me, I will be happy to look.
Flag Mon Oct 15, 2012
Jody Jones, Agent, Elkhart, IN
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Allison,

There are many factors that could be keeping your home from selling.
Price, location, condition are the big ones. Also, where are you marketing the home? How many photos do you have on the listing?

My suggestion is to contact a few agents in the local area to discuss your options.

Jody
Marie Souza…, Agent, Centerville, MA
Mon Oct 15, 2012
That's a very long time to be on the market. Do you have an agent? My guess, is the price. A good, fair priced home will sell.