Yvonne Messi…, Both Buyer and Seller in Harsens Island, MI

we own our house under my husband's Trust, & I am the Trustee..should my name be on our real estate listing documents? I say

Asked by Yvonne Messick, Harsens Island, MI Sun May 1, 2011

"yes"..husband says "no" because 1 of his sons is the Executor.???????

Help the community by answering this question:


What type of Trust is it? Most trust's do not allow anyone who is related by blood or marriage to be a Trustee.
I would recommend speaking with the attorney that drew up the trust on how you should proceed. The Trust documents are going to have to be given to theTitle Company that handles the closing to make sure everything is done legally within the Trust guidelines.

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 1, 2011
Your best bet, Yvonne, is to ask a real estate attorney. My best guess is that it isn't especially important for the listng paperwork but is much more important on the purchase agreement which will be reviewed by an attorney (at least in NJ).... Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 1, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer