to change company

Asked by John, North Carolina Fri Sep 28, 2007

if you are an agent and would like to transfer to other company, are there any written that your BIC need to be signed and what what is the next move ?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Sat Sep 29, 2007
The other thing is that if you have an active listing, then you will want to have your listing transferred to your new broker if the current broker allows you to do that. A listing agreement is an agreement between a broker and the consumer, not with an agent, so when you leave one brokerage to another, the listing agreement stays with that first brokerage unless the first brokerage specifically allows you to bring it with you.

I would also make all commission due and any miscellaneous paper work are cleared.

If you have alrready been accepted by another brokerage, you can also ask your new broker on the steps required for a clean seperate from the other brokerage. You new broker should be very happy to assist you on that.

0 votes
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Fri Sep 28, 2007
In our area our local Association of Realtors has paperwork that the departing broker needs to sign to release the agent and MLS services. Check with you Association for the paperwork prior to giving notice so you have all your paperwork in order.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more