three inventory home were sold last couple of months.How Do I find out how much they were sold ?

Asked by E Hong, 63301, MO Sat Jul 5, 2008

3 inventory and one house were sold last 2 months

Answers

4
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sat Jul 5, 2008
E Hong
Selling a home on your home isn't easy, is it? One of the most challenging tasks of a home seller is to set the right price. You have a right to be concerned because buyers shop in price ranges, and even with homes listed in the MLS, Realtors know value. Time and resources are limited, and very few Realtors, or their buyers, are going to invest in looking at over-priced homes.

So far as finding the selling prices of homes, the public data base may not be updated in a timely manner, however you could certainly contact the county assessor's office and ask directly. Most counties websites are excellent sources of this info.

You should know what I blogged about earlier today, and that is sometimes market data on it's own is more hurtful than no data. You need interpretation of the data to make it applicable to your situation. You'd be surprised about the number of posts I read from sellers who have listed with an MLS entry -only broker, or a limited service broker, and they have questions as to why their home is not sellting...and they are paying a buyer agent fee already....so they are trying to save a few percent and are frustrated because they dont' have anyone who can help them with the key question...what will it take to sell my home?

Best of luck to you.
Web Reference:  http://www.sccmo.org/home/
Dale Weir, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Sat Jul 5, 2008
I'm presuming you are talking about builder's inventory homes - that information is available in the tax records but some counties don't update as fast as other counties do. The builders rep may tell you. If they were listed in the MLS, your agent can look up the info for you. On inventory homes, the builder may have had numerous discounts or the buyer may have negotiated additional changes that they wanted done to the home either of which might have changed the price from the list price before closing.
Web Reference:  http://www.yourstlhome.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Jul 5, 2008
Lynne Pope, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Sat Jul 5, 2008
Any Restate Agent can find out how much a home sold for through the MLS in the area. If it is pending (still in the process of being sold in escrow) then the agent can sometimes work with the selling agent to find out the price. This is a delicate area since the information can work against the seller if it falls out of escrow. There needs to be a pretty good reason to find this price out. I hope this helps you.