Question removed

Asked by Home Seller, Cecil, PA Mon Mar 9, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Tue Mar 10, 2009
VIckie
I would suggest you ask your Realtor.

Know that averages are deceiving. The homes that sell in the first 30 days in my market sell at 99.7% of asking price. At 120 days that drops to 92.3%, and that is AFTER some price reductions.

See the link below. In your market home values are declining. That means for every month your home sits on the market, it's worth less than the month before. It is quite common. We have a term for this trend 'chasing the market".

You would be better off UNDERPRICING and trying to create an auction effect, instead of watching your home's equity slowly evaporate because you over-priced it.
Julie Cain C…, Agent, Greenville, SC
Mon Mar 9, 2009
Vickie,

Just as Terrence mentioned below, the best answer is "it depends". Zip code 15317 is split between Canonsburg (Canon McMillan school district) and McMurray (Peters Twp school district). The answer will depend on the school district, neighborhood, asking price and condition of the property, and also time on the market. If the property was listed within the past few weeks, owners are expecting close to asking price. If the property has been on the market for a longer period of time, sellers may be more negotiable.

If you are looking in a specific area, I will be happy to calculate the average sale price vs. asking price ratio. I can be reached via email at juliecwynar@howardhanna.com.

Best wishes with your home search!

Julie Cain Cwynar
Howard Hanna Real Estate Services, Peters Township Office
juliecwynar@howardhanna.com
412-215-9429
Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Mon Mar 9, 2009
The answer would be too broad for anyone to answer. Averages are just that.... an average. You will need to get with a local agent to get more specific answers to your questions.

Terrence Charest