Question removed

Asked by Imtopgun1, Brooklyn, NY Mon Feb 17, 2014

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

8
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Feb 17, 2014
You really should be consulting with your attorney, he/she can better advise...
Karen Peyton, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Mon Feb 17, 2014
This is a question best answered by a local probate attorney as probate laws vary from state to state. Since it pertains to a legal matter, no real estate agent who is not also an attorney can answer. Agents cannot provide legal advice.
Phyllis McAr…, Agent, San mateo, CA
Mon Feb 17, 2014
You must consult with a real estate lawyer, he/she can help right away with probate issues
Jennifer Fiv…, Agent, Red Hook, NY
Mon Feb 17, 2014
This is a question for a Probate attorney since it involve legal issues. A no will situation is addressed by the courts.
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Mon Feb 17, 2014
Hi, and soryy for your loss.

Best to get in touch with a Probate or Estate Attorney.

Ruth

http://www.ruthandperry.com
Jeannette Ba…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Feb 17, 2014
Question: Did you both sign the contracts for both agents or only one sibling signed with one agent and the other signed with the other agent... If so based on my experience of going through something similar, then the contracts are voidable the agent has to make sure both parties sign the contracts to get a real estate fee, so I hope in your case that was the case. Hope I helped, Jeannette Batsikas
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Feb 17, 2014
This is a legal question and far too complex to be answered in this forum. You need to speak to an attorney who specializes in estate work and real estate to go over ALL the paperwork involved in the estate and the listing agreements that the siblings signed. There could still be a legal obligation on the part of the siblings even though an executor has not been designated. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct. If need be I can refer you to an attorney who could help you out. Sincerely, Mitchell Feldman, Associate Broker, Fillmore Real Estate: 917-805-0783 / MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Madeline Pad…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Feb 17, 2014
Hi Imtopgun1:
Dah - yes you signed two listing agreements, why didn't you ask the question before signing, why didn't you tell the second agent that you signed with another agent. They should automatically co-broke with each other, unless they are greedy.

Of course both siblings must join in the selling, you should both sign the listing agreements. othewise it will not be a smooth sale. Did both of you sign the two lisings?

However, It is very possible that your attorney can get you out of this since it still needs to go through probate. or just don't sell while its still in effect let them expire, how long did you sign for?

Good luck and if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me directly I will do my
best to point you in the right direction.