Question removed

Asked by 427mark, San Francisco, CA Mon Feb 3, 2014

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

28
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Try going to http://www.rebuildusa.com and see if you can find an FHA 203K specialist. The 203K mortgage product allows buyers to bundle the cost of the home and the cost of renovations and repairs into one loan. It's a great product and any agent that specializes in 203K loans will know how to market an 'as is' property.
Paul Warrin, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Wed Feb 26, 2014
The demand for property in Noe Valley is so high right now, especially for a fixer, that people will come flocking to your place as soon as it is listed for sale. I have worked on many fixers before, especially in San Francisco. My wife, who also does real estate, is an interior designer and loves to lend her skills to fixing up properties and making them amazing.
Kevin Ho, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Feb 11, 2014
The demand for any property in the area is high. Of course you could do the work yourelf. But unless you're trying to avoid capital gains obligations this may be wasted effort as folks tend to want to personalize their own homes; just take a look around and you'll see all the porta-pottys the contractors use. There are a lot of them!

Instead there are other ways to market the property and to prepare it. Important is to have an agent who not only undersands the sales part of transaction but also one who understands the legal implications and tax ones too. For example, what's your ultimate goal with the proceeds? Do you have heirs who you want to have the proceeds? How you answer these questions and what preparations you do to minimize your tax liability will definitely impact your bottom line. I can help you with all of the above.
Bernardo Duc…, Home Buyer, Santa Clara, CA
Thu Feb 6, 2014
Hello, in regards to your property I can help you. Most of our property that we buy are fixer upper, as is condition. We pay all cash, close quickly, don't charge commission and we buy anywhere in the bay area. If you know anyone that wants to sell please email me at b.ducusin@yahoo.com (Santa Clara, CA)
Ben Rojas, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Hi 427 Mark. In Noe Valley all you need to do is put a for sale sign on it and people will come flocking. Add "Fixer" to it and you get double the volume of buyers.

Almost all of my sales have been fixers. By fixers I mean ranging from needing all new floors and windows, to having a seller remove a structural post in the garage to fit their partners car. That alone was an over $90k repair. (Guess that $65 street sweeper ticket wasn't that bad afterall)

I sold this SFR turned 4unit in Noe Valley off market for $1,250M in something like 10 days or less. Even with 4 converted units, each only a little the size of hotel rooms, plus tenants. I also have a couple other properties on my profile with "interesting" photos all which sold for at least market rate despite the "fixer" label.

Call me if you need any help- I like everyone else on this blog have cash buyers ready to purchase as is, where is, in any condition. (415) 596-7435.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/San_Francisco/sold/60…
I hate trulia, Home Owner, Pittsburgh, PA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Sell as is. People will want to make it their own house. Also, I am guessing that even as is, it is worth more money as is that the FHA 203k loan limits.
I have been a mortgage Loan Officer for 20+ years. I have nothing to gain stating my advice on this one.
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Wed Feb 5, 2014
Not only are you located in a hot market, but there are many agents like me representing investors who pay cash so you have a guaranteed hassle-free transaction. Other home buyers may also be willing to buy as is. What you have is not a problem, but a tremendous opportunity. Good luck to you.
J Mario Preza, Agent, Daly City, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Your property will sell, in spite of the condition, particularly where there is a limited number of available properties. All properties have their price, however, and when you have an experienced and well connected professional working on your behalf, regardless of the "cooperating" aspect of the business, you will get a good outcome, one that favors you, especially if that professional is truly working to meet your best interest, including that achieved by giving you the benefit of the doubt in the fees. We have worked with homeowners who have tried others unsuccessfully, and we only needed one showing to a pool of ready investors, to sell the property -- even off-market.
Tony Ngo, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Mark,

I have clients/investors with ALL CASH and will purchase your property "AS-IS" condition. But if you would like to fix the property, I offer a program where I help the seller pay for the up front renovation cost and will offer free staging. We have a team of designers, planners, and contractors that have worked in Noe Valley. We have some properties that we currently working and if you would like to see them, please call at me 415-317-5525 or email me at tony@sequoia-re.com. Give me a call and we can talk about all the options. Talk to you soon!
, ,
Mon Feb 3, 2014
call Isabelle Grotte

IsabelleGrotte@zephyrsf.com

I've worked with her in the past and she knows her way around a fixer.

NV is in such high demand you wont need to do anything drastic to the place. She'll give you the nuts and bolts of it.
Michelle Long, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Mark,
I am a Realtor with Hill & Co. located in the heart of Noe Valley on 24th Street. I also live in a Noe Valley in what was a "fixer" when we purchased. I would enjoy the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your Real Estate goals. You can reach me at mlong@hill-co.com
Michelle Long
Helen Yuen, Agent, Oakland Ca 94605, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Let me know if you want market comparables -- helen@openhomeprofessionals.com
Market on real estate websites at no cost (415) 469-0577.
Tony Ngai, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Location is going to sell, but with proper staging and marketing you will have multiple bidding. You can minimize your cost by making it presentable for the open house. Pricing and timing will be the key to an effective and successful sale.
Bellings Bro…, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Mark,

I want to echo my colleagues sentiment that the work definitely won't need to be completed in order to sell in this hot seller's market! So no need to worry there. I too have a number of clients who are looking for Noe Valley fixers and purchase in "as-is" condition. I'd love the opportunity to walk through your home and preview it on their behalf, and would be more than happy to advise you on what I think is the best course of action for your situation (whether that be to bring it to the open market for maximum exposure, or sell quickly off-market). Feel free to reach out directly to me anytime as I am always happy to help! The consultation and walk through are of course completely free and part of what my brother (and business partner) and I do for all of our clients.

I wish you all the best and good luck with your home!

Aaron Bellings
Realtor, Vanguard Properties
Aaron@vanguardsf.com
BRE #01915431
(415) 601-3000
Lori Muscat, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Mark, There are many buyers/contractors/investors looking for properties to renovate and you're property does not need to be in tip top condition in this current market in order to sell it at a great price. I work with many sellers such as yourself who either don't have the time and/or the money to invest in a lot of renovations but I can help you in one of several ways:
1. I have investors who pay top dollar for fixer uppers in this market
2. I can give you an assessment of what I think your property is currently worth and since you're in a very desireable area I think you'll be happily surprised on what your property can be sold for in this hot Market.
3. I often handle renovation projects for my clients on various levels from a quick cosmetic and clean up job, to a full blown overhaul of the property and can bring in my team of professionals to assist at whatever level my sellers are wanting.

I would love an opportunity to come out and view your property. I live in the neighborhood and my office is on Market St. Let me know if you want me to stop by and give you an assessment on your options.

Cheers,
Lori Muscat
415-794-8805
Hi Lori,
My wife and I would like to talk to you about the sellability of our house. Please contact me at 427mark@comcast.net or (415) 282-0398. Thank you.
Flag Mon Mar 3, 2014
Jesse Fowler, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Mark. Please call me as I have a few buyers looking exactly for what you have- a fixer in Noe Valley. It can be a smooth escrow period with myself working on it. We have sold many Noe Valley homes, live there ourselves. Call me to get this process started at 415.254.7363. Thank you,
Emily Dunn Fowler and Jesse Fowler http://www.emilydfowler.com and http://www.jessefowler.com
Jesse Fowler, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Gabrielle Da…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Mark,

Many agents, including myself, have experience in marketing and selling 'as-is' fixers. In this market environment look for an agent who is savvy, communicates well and knows the market in Noe Valley as well as San Francisco overall. The selling strategy that's best for you is best addressed via a consultation either on the phone or in person.

Feel free to call me at 415-200-7202.
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Mark.

We can market your property in any condition. You are not required to perform any repairs, remodeling or staging. You don't even have to move out. We customize our marketing to fit in with your needs, not the other way around. Your house can be sold as is and if you require a rent-back after the sale, we can negotiate those terms for you up front. BTW, is your property near 30th and Dolores?

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA BRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted. truonly
Web Reference:  http://www.oggikashi.com/
George Langf…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Great question and in a hot market like we are experiencing now, the work doesn't need to be done. Noe Valley is performing very well. I have 9 years experience in the business and with "fixer uppers". One persons troubles is another persons diamond in the rough. I represented 10 transactions in Noe Valley last year. I would love the opportunity to have a seller strategy meeting to see if we might be a fit. Even though the market is hot, you need an agent with a an extensive network of developers as well. This will give you the opportunity to receive the best amount the market will provide. You may reach me via email langford@climbsf.com. Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!
George
Web Reference:  http://SevenSquaredSf.com
Lizete Santos, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hello Mark,

There are a good number of buyers/contractors/investors looking for properties to renovate and you're property may be attractive in it's current condition.
If you'd like a complimentary consultation feel free to contact me at the below.

Lizete Santos
Broker/Realtor

McGuire Real Estate
17 Bluxome Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Mobile: 415.606.5053
LSantos@McGuire.com
Web Reference:  http://www.LizeteSantos.com
Michael Robe…, Agent, Rancho Santa Fe, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Mark,

Give me a call at 415-999-0503. I have a buyer who is looking in Noe for fixers. He is an all cash buyer and can do a quick close if you would like.

Thank you.
, ,
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Mark,

I recently worked on a transaction with Bob Wheeler and he was excellent. He can be reached at (415) 990-4530 He’s with Paragon Real Estate Group, 1400 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco, CA 94109

~ Best regards,

Elva A. Wormley
Mortgage Consultant
Office (408) 615-8500
C2 Financial Corporation
2845 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 209
San Jose, CA 95128
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
You found him - I have extensive background in construction and done many of my own projects around the city, so it's easy for me to deal with. And in Noe Valley you'd have to work hard not to sell it.

There may also be some things you can do to make it show better that might make it more saleable and it will be easy for me to identify..

Call me - 415.722.5549

Lance R. King – Broker/CEO
King Realty Group

BRE # 01384425
415.722.5549 - Cell
lance@king-realtygroup.com
Rob Regan, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Call me 415-652-3780. This is much more straight forward than you think given how hot Noe Valley is right now. With the right strategy you will get multiple offers including from all cash buyers who are dying to find fixers in Noe Valley.

Rob Regan
http://www.RobRegan.com
Web Reference:  http://www.SFisHOME.com
, ,
Mon Feb 3, 2014
I am going to disagree in regards setting up renovation financing options. The final selling price of even a "fixer" Victorian in Noe Valley will likely far exceed the maximum 203k loan amount. In my opinion, you are going to be best off simply finding and working with a realtor experienced with Noe Valley and getting your property to market as soon as possible while there are still plenty of cash buyers all vying to outbid each other for a place in Noe.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like the names of realtors I have personally worked with in your area.
Trevolyn Hai…, Agent, Highland, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Suzanne is on the money: setting up renovation financing options for potential buyers is a great idea when marketing a fixer. I recommend Wells Fargo because they have a dedicated renovation loan dept.
, ,
Mon Feb 3, 2014
I would be more than happy to recommend a few agents to you