Question removed

Asked by homeseller, 68116 Fri Nov 1, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

7
Crystal Sant…, Agent, Omaha, NE
Fri Nov 1, 2013
That seems to be quite a few showings for no offers. What type of feedback have you received? What did the buyers not like? Anything that can be changed? A quick search of your area, 180th East to 156th Maple South to Blondo, shows two homes that sold since you've been on the market. So more than likely the people who bought the below homes came through yours as well.

17154 Spencer - New Construction - $220,260
2503 N 165th Ave- Pre Existing - $235,000 built in 2010

Both of these homes are smaller than yours with only 165th having finish in the basement. These buyers are showing you that they are willing to buy a smaller home since they are getting a new or newer home for less money.

Feel free to message me with further questions.
You're welcome. Glad I can be of help. I would try to get it down to 225-230k. See what happens. With in 2 weeks you will know if this will sell it. If you still get nothing do another drop etc. My listings are averaging 18 days on market and are selling for just under full price with an average of $5000 of buyers costs paid. Your agent should have a game plan for you. Things are still selling but if you want this to happen fast you need to move quick. Once the snow starts flying buyers are less anxious to buy! ALWAYS REMEMBER, buyers can't see what has sold. They can only look at whats available. You MUST be the BEST price for value to sell. You've missed out on 2 buyers already don't miss out on #3!
Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013
Hi Crystal,
Thank you for your reply. So far we've had good feedbacks. Like they liked the house. One buyer said the price was on their top range. One came back for 2nd showing last week, but our realtor hasn't heard from them since. When we priced the house, we consulted our realtor and priced it based on other similar houses that were sold in our neighborhood in past months. We will definitely talk to our realtor about reducing the price. Based on your market evaluation, what should be the price of the house for fast sale? I don't know if you can disclose that, but I would appreciate if you can provide your feedback.
Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013
Lori Jeltema, Agent, Suffolk, VA
Fri Nov 1, 2013
I received some good advice when I got into the business. If your home is being shown a decent amount of times, the agent and buyer think it's worth their time seeing. If you are not getting an offer, there is something that is disappointing them once they arrive. Sometimes, your agent can call around and find out what that issue is. Sometimes, it's just hard to figure out. I don't know your market but 10-12 showings in 21 days would be pretty encouraging around here. If that is a good amount of showings in your area and price range, there may be a few things that you can do to encourage an offer. Price may be one of them but changing something that is objectionable may be a solution.
Scott Francis, Agent, Omaha, NE
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Also you're close to the Hearthstone 2 stories over there that sell for $215-220,000. We looked at another one over there that sold for $215,000 at 3021 n 168th st. At this point if youve had numerous showings and no offers I would look at dropping price especially if you need to move. Holidays are coming up and people are wanting to get moved before then.

Scott
Hi Scott,
Thank you for taking time to reply to my inquiry and also for bring the buyer over to see my house. Does the finished basement with full bath even count? I know lot of these houses that were sold for less don't have finished basement with full bath. We have 3 full and one half bath.
Flag Fri Nov 1, 2013
Jason Brothe…, , Reno, NV
Fri Nov 1, 2013
That certainly seems it could be a possibility. Looking at some of the local feedback, it is easy to want to consider reducing price. But before you do so, have you considered a much less expensive option like offering discount points to potential buyers to buy down their interest rate further? Over time this could end up saving them considerably more than you might be willing to lower the price and would save you quite a bit as well.
Scott Francis, Agent, Omaha, NE
Fri Nov 1, 2013
I actually showed your house a couple of weeks ago and yes I believe its overpriced. For the area I would say closer to upper $220s. Agents will "buy" your listing by listing for more than what comparable sales are selling for. Not saying yours did but many do that. Always go off of sold prices that's what the appraiser will look at once you have a buyer. Any questions call me at 699-9555 or email me.
Annali Leach, Agent, Omaha, NE
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Yes. Price it at $220-$225,000.00 and it will get sold.

If you want to get $227k, you may want to hire a professional stager.

Brandi with Show Ready Services - 4026181743 does a great job.

Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Nov 1, 2013
This is something sellers should keep in mind when selling their property. It's simple but profound.....

1. listed but no showings.....lower the price

2. listed with showing, but no offers.....lower the price

3. listed with showings and offers but not executed contract.....lower the price

4. listed with showings and offers but no agreement.....lower the price

Respectfully,