Question removed

Asked by Bliss Hunter, 99180 Wed Jul 11, 2007

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Wed Jul 11, 2007
Bliss
I assume that you would like to sell your home(s) direct so you can save on the cost of the commission, right? Just sticking to the facts; if you knew that you would actually net more in your pocket at the close of escrow by employing a Realtor to sell your properties, would you go ahead, sell it yourself, and net less?
The National Association of Realtors conducts annual surveys on buyers and sellers. The last report I heard was that sellers who sell on their own net 16% LESS than if the property was listed.

When a home is purchased by a buyer, over 90% of the time, the buyer is brought by an agent. Usually buyers are under contract with an agent, so they cannot just work with anyone. Also, the agent works for "free" for the buyer. Why would a buyer want to use an agent? The agent does the legwork research, and best of all, negotiates to obtain the best deal for the buyers.

Let me ask you, when you sell your home, if you were to buy another, would you use a Realtor? Probably, because we "work for free".

If I were your advisor, I would suggest interviewing three Realtors, make them give you their best analysis, then decide what is in your best interests. Remember than although you are selling "by owner", truthfully all sales are "by owner". What you would be doing is selling "without representation". You are still legally required to complete all paperwork, disclosures, etc. that apply.

Best of luck to you!
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Jul 11, 2007
Hi Bliss,

Thank you for your question.

Currently your property must be listed with a broker or agent in order to be included in our search results.

Trulia is focused on providing the best search experience to home buyers, and that includes making sure that our listing data is always up to date. We currently don’t accept listing submissions from individual home-owners, as we’ve learned that it’s more difficult to keep them fresh. However, this is something that we are constantly re-evaluating, so please check back for updates.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Cindy &Sid B…, , 85296
Wed Jul 11, 2007
Are you talking about Trulia?? or our Realtor site??